Not Chinese

17 Jan

Michael had an out-of-town business associate over for supper tonight. He made Thai red curry, served over fragrant rice. (It was delicious.) I am now cleaning up the kitchen. The three bowls we used were stacked on the counter. You can tell which two belonged to the white people. Two bowls had to be rinsed so as not to clog up the dishwasher. One bowl hadn’t a single grain of rice left in it.

I try not to judge them…

About these ads

7 Responses to “Not Chinese”

1. Mr Lady January 17, 2009 at 11:01 pm #

I’d have licked it so well you’d have thought I’d washed it for you. :)

2. Meandering Michael January 17, 2009 at 11:27 pm #

I can’t help it that you were brainwashed into thinking that every grain of rice you left in your bowl would be a pock mark your husband’s face.

I’m fairly pock-free, aren’t I?

3. Jenny January 18, 2009 at 1:30 pm #

I wouldn’t have left a thing! I like to clean my plate off with a good piece of buttered bread! My Dad was raised (one of 14) to eat every bite of food you were given and it kills him to see anyone leave food on their plate. Of course I’m sure his serving was less than what we eat now!

4. Captain Momma January 18, 2009 at 11:00 pm #

Oh, red thai curry! Double yummy! How COULD they leave anything in their bowls??????

Got any leftovers??? Now I am having a craving!!

Kelli

5. Nemmy January 19, 2009 at 8:04 pm #

Michael figures he’s safe since he’s already married to you, and your face is perfect…

6. maleesha January 19, 2009 at 8:42 pm #

Oh, that sounds so good right about now!

7. Kathleen January 23, 2009 at 11:07 am #

Why would you leave a single grain of rice….sorry i’m white, can you explain? :)