Not exactly t-shirt weather

12 May

Looking out the window this morning, I know everyone in Whitehorse is worried that we’ve already seen the last of summer.

May 12

View from my living room, May 12, 2009

When I lived in Iqaluit, I once witnessed a snowstorm in June.  So this isn’t so bad.  At least it’s above zero.

About these ads

11 Responses to “Not exactly t-shirt weather”

1. natasha the exile on Mom Street May 12, 2009 at 7:58 am #

You are far stronger woman than I!

I whine if it’s below 40 degrees! (Which is probably why I live in Atlanta…)

2. Kara May 12, 2009 at 8:09 am #

Same weather here! Blah!

3. Lindsay May 12, 2009 at 9:15 am #

We got snow last night as well, but we are still covered in it and it is -17 with the windchill (a balmy -14 without!!!)…take comfort in the fact that is colder somewhere else (although I know that doesn’t warm a person up too much!:)

4. allmycke May 12, 2009 at 10:40 am #

During the nine years I lived in Inuvik, I didn’t experience one single month when I DIDN’T see snow flying in the air. We had snowstorms in June, July and August – not every year but still. The snow didn’t last very long on the ground, but still!

5. Jenny May 12, 2009 at 4:07 pm #

Thank you for making me feel much better about Ohio weather! I was hating the fact that more rain is coming but it will be 68 F tomorrow, which is like 20 C I think. About 10 degrees warmer than that on Friday.

6. Marian May 12, 2009 at 5:11 pm #

We’ve had frost the last couple of nights, but no snow, thank goodness! Had snow in July in Calgary once…bitterly cold too. Hope it gets warmer for you….or Michael will be growing his beard back again.

7. Meandering Michael May 12, 2009 at 6:32 pm #

Oh, tragedy! Not the beard! :P

8. Karyn May 12, 2009 at 8:32 pm #

At least we aren’t the only onese getting crappy weather! We had 3 hours of driving through a blizzard yesterday and Ryan was pretty white knuckled. We have been missing the warm weather of Whitehorse!

9. Maija May 12, 2009 at 11:46 pm #

Oh man oh man. We haven’t had snow in a day or two, but all our jets have been fogged out, except two today, so I know its getting warmer!!! Warm wishes sent your way from 68 degrees N. :)

10. ian May 13, 2009 at 6:20 am #

This is what the rest of the world thinks about Canada 365 days a year… with about 10 feet more snow in the front yard ;-)
    Looks like a nice neighbourhood though!
    Sorry about the snow…

11. Helen May 13, 2009 at 1:35 pm #

I lived in Canada for many years and I love the weather and the clean environment we have there. It’s so lovely that i told all of my friends that if they want to buy a gift for my birthday, it better be a plane ticket to Whitehorse!