I defy you not to laugh

24 Aug

I have been feeling a lot of negativity lately and I’ve decided that I have to find a way to dig myself out of this hole.  I think a big part of the problem is lack of sleep, since Halia has been waking up three or four times every night for, oh, forever.  It’s just repayment from dragging her all over the world and messing with her sleep all summer.  Le sigh.

There’s not a lot I can do about lack of sleep right now (other than give up blogging/reading blogs, but that would just set off a whole other chain of crazy) but I can try to find a way to carve out some independent time, and I can try to adjust my mindset by giving myself a mental slap in the face when the pity party or frustration sets in.

Also, writing run-on sentences helps.

Also, this:

Halia figured out how to do this last week and she’s been practicing every day since then.  If you want to get a real sense of what can change in 6 months, get a load of this video that I intended to post back in February:

There’s lots a-brewing behind the scenes these days; I’ll find a way to connect my fingers to the keyboard soon.  I promise hope.

About these ads

12 Responses to “I defy you not to laugh”

1. Kara August 25, 2009 at 12:32 am #

Awwwwww! Great videos!

And those last couple sentences sure are a tease; you had better connect soon! :)

2. Bubblybunny August 25, 2009 at 2:24 am #

Hahah…you have the most adorable family. Even your dog is totally awesome!!

Thanks for sharing these gems. :)

3. Nai-Nai August 25, 2009 at 2:28 am #

wow! she is very good, I laughed everytime she blow, it is so cute and her responding. That is the best reward mother got. Very proud of you Fawn. Love you all

4. Catrina August 25, 2009 at 5:05 am #

Oh my goodness! I loved how she made herself giggle everytime she made a noise with the recorder. Now, I think I’m going to have to go find one for Truman. And I LOVE how your dog was ‘singing’ along with the harmonica.

5. Megan August 25, 2009 at 5:29 am #

We can’t wait for more!

6. Jackie S. Quire August 25, 2009 at 7:13 am #

My comments are exactly what Catrina wrote: *toot* *giggle* *toot* *giggle* then of course *giggletoot!*

And the dog singing a long was pricesless.

Unreal how much development happened between the two videos!

7. Jenny August 25, 2009 at 4:23 pm #

Naomi was watching over my shoulder and liked the recorder but when the dog started howling in the other video she was screaming and our dog came out of hiding from under the couch (the dog is tired of having her ears pulled and having extremely forceful hugs thrust upon her)

8. Scientific Chick August 25, 2009 at 9:28 pm #

Thanks for entertaining me with one of the cutest videos I’ve seen in a long time (and I’m a frequent visitor of Cute Overload!).

Your kids are really sweet and the singing dog was priceless.

9. Kathleen August 26, 2009 at 7:45 am #

Michael and the dog should go on American’s Got Talent! ha ha.

That’s one talented little Halia – I don’t think Charlie could figure out how to blow like that. Makes me want to run out and get a recorder to find out!

10. Beanie August 27, 2009 at 6:38 pm #

Think this might be how prodigies start out?… ;-)

11. Tine August 28, 2009 at 3:21 am #

Hilarious :) !! I didn’t know Nanuq is such an enthusiastic musician …

And, since you said you’re not feeling well lately, because you’re not getting much sleep – well, I hate to say this, since I always really enjoy reading your updates, but maybe it WOULD help to skip a few posts every once in a while :( … You’re such a devoted writer, & I know your blog is also some kind of recreation for you (besides keeping US entertained :) … ) – but it might just be TOO MUCH right now, with SO much else going on :( … (Well, at least that’s how I feel about Arts & stuff right now – I miss it, but it’s also takin’ a lot of pressure off me just giving in to the idea that it’s just not the right time :( …)

Well – you’ll find out what suits YOU best !!

Best wishes from Germany !!

♥ ♥ ♥

1. Rendezvous music « Fawnahareo’s Place - February 24, 2010

[…] (which we missed last year).  That will be quite a musical event, since his cue to howl is the harmonica.  I wonder if they’ll say he’s disqualified because he is clearly singing and not […]