Parent-teacher interview

21 Oct

On Thursday afternoon, I took Jade back to school after the school day was done. We sat down with Mme. S for the first parent-teacher interview of the year.

Mme. S told us Jade was a joy to have in the classroom, and a very sweet girl. (We knew that, of course. *ahem*) Unlike many kids, she is able to concentrate on one task for a long time, and it can sometimes be difficult to get her to move on to the next activity of the day. (Yep!) She is not very enthusiastic about gym class. (Yeah . . . I identify with that, although Michael is a bit bewildered.) Did we have any questions?

Jade’s kindergarten teacher had mentioned that it can take Jade some extra time to learn things. So I asked Mme. S if she had any concerns for Jade’s learning in the classroom. She furrowed her brow. No, not at all. And she’s very enthusiastic about reading. (We knew that!) In fact, Jade was placed in one of the more advanced writing groups. (They’re learning to print, so I don’t mean writing novels, or anything.)

I don’t want to brag about Jade. I’m just so happy and so proud of her. After all the pummelling her brain took at the hands of epilepsy, she managed to heal, and she’s thriving. She’s excited to learn, she’s stoic about her special diet, and she’s full of life . . .

I still think she’s a miracle.

About these ads

7 Responses to “Parent-teacher interview”

1. wenttofaro October 22, 2012 at 7:14 am #

I am so incredibly happy for you!

• fawnfritzen374499907 October 22, 2012 at 7:44 am #

Thank you, Kara!!

2. brekkenc October 22, 2012 at 7:55 am #

Congratulations Fawn and Jade and the whole family! There is nothing better to hear, and thanks for sharing it with the rest of us! I often wonder “what if” we hadn’t started the diet, what would this child be like now? But where you are at now, it doesn’t matter where you could have been–where you are is as good as it gets!

• fawnfritzen374499907 October 22, 2012 at 8:08 am #

Yes, Christy! You’re so right. Well said!

3. Nai-Nai October 22, 2012 at 8:40 am #

I’m so glad to hear about it. Very proud of all of you. It was a long way. Please give Jade a big hug. :)

4. Tine October 22, 2012 at 12:01 pm #

Wow – that’s wonderful news !! And it IS a miracle :) !!

(Besides, I wish I had more kids like Jade in MY classroom: Many of our firstgraders have behavioural problems :( – & it’s really been difficult …)

Lots of love (& keep it going) !!

♥ ♥ ♥

5. laurie October 27, 2012 at 10:03 am #

Thanks for your comments and offerings to help with recipes. I’m going back to the basics with the diet and I think it’s going to make things more simplified. I’d love to connect on fb, although I’m not really on there much. Look me up – Laurie Juarez. Thanks so much for your help! I appreciate your support. And congrats to Jade! woo hoo!