Crush

19 Jan

With all the Valentine’s merchandise coming out in stores now (just a touch early, big surprise) I’ve been thinking about crushes lately. Would it be wrong to admit that I get crushes at the drop of a hat? Silly schoolgirl crushes, crushes on guys I’d never have a relationship with, crushes far too ridiculous to tell anyone about, at least until they’re over and are then fun to laugh about.

Like when I watched that fluffy thing “13 Going on 30” and totally had a crush on Mark Ruffalo by the end of the movie, he was so gosh-darned adorable (and so was Jennifer Garner, for that matter). But I also get crushes on people who do kind or thoughtful things for me, and I’m a total sucker for a guy who can sing, or one who can make me laugh.

The last time I read my high school diary one of the things that struck me most was the ridiculous number of guys I had crushes on. If you’re a guy who went to school with me before university and you’re a friend on Facebook, there’s about an 80% chance that I had a crush on you. My friend Shannon would say it’s because I’m a Scorpio, but I don’t really go in for astrology, so perhaps it’s just that I’m a loving person. Or something.

Whatever it is, Michael kindly puts up with it. I’ve always been open with him about my crushes; I figure it’s a good way to stay honest. Not that it’s ever been a problem, you know, ’cause Mark Ruffalo never returned any of my calls.

Wait a minute… cute, musical, funny, thoughtful (well… he tries!) No wonder I married Michael. (*heaves a sigh*) He’s due to get home tomorrow afternoon, and it couldn’t come soon enough.

6 Responses to “Crush”

1. DaniGirl January 20, 2008 at 4:48 am #

Great new look and new blog, Fawn!! Welcome to your new home! šŸ˜‰

2. Chirs January 20, 2008 at 6:14 am #

I Love Mark Ruffalo šŸ™‚
    I had to try and see if commenting would work this time. Obviously it does. YĆ©!! Good job on the new blog Fawn, it looks great!! (See..I can de-lurk šŸ™‚ )

3. Chris January 20, 2008 at 6:15 am #

Hmm…can I edit? Cause I missed spelled my name :-S

4. fawnahareo January 20, 2008 at 10:20 am #

Haha – hi Chris! You can’t edit, but I can. But since you already pointed out that your name is misspelled, I figure I might as well leave this up so other people also know. šŸ™‚ Unless you insist, of course.

Hi Dani! Thanks for coming to visit my blog! I feel honoured to have such distinguised visitors. šŸ™‚

5. MommyTime January 20, 2008 at 6:24 pm #

Crushes are totally normal. At least that’s what I tell myself. For what it’s worth: Matthew McConaghey never returned my calls either. And I got over it. šŸ˜‰

6. fawnahareo January 21, 2008 at 3:33 pm #