Pregnancy dreams

29 Apr

I am at a banquet luncheon, at a table, alone, finishing off my plate.  Suddenly there is someone next to me.  He’s sitting down beside me.  Dark hair, sparkling eyes.  Not huge, but fit.

“You were fabulous the other night,” he says.  “You sounded great.  And you looked terrific.”  He has a perfect smile.

“Thank you,” I murmur.  I am flustered, flattered, shy.

He talks for a minute more before introducing himself.  “I’m Brent Bambury, by the way,”  he says.  I am taken aback.  Brent Bambury is the host of CBC’s radio show “Go!”, but this guy looks nothing like what I think Brent Bambury looks like.  Did I say that out loud?  I’m not sure.  He looks amused and also perhaps slightly offended.

He talks some more about the concert, commenting on specific songs.  He leans in, his nose brushes my ear, oh-so-lightly.  I feel his warm breath on my cheek.  It’s a good thing I’m sitting because I am weak in the knees and I’m shaking.  I’m having a hard time breathing.

Practically choking on my own libido, I turn to him, smile a brilliant smile, and say, “I’m very flattered.  But I’m married.”  I leave the table, still thrumming.  I hope I don’t fall over.

Now, I ask you, if you can’t let yourself go in a dream, where can you let yourself go?  And for the record, I do enjoy Go! but I don’t have a crush on Brent Bambury.  Here’s a pic of him, in case you’re curious.  Nope, that’s not the guy from my dream.

Dreams during pregnancy are well-known to be extra vivid and emotional.  That can be fun.  But stuff like this just leaves me frustrated.  Now please excuse me while I go make some extra-strong… sigh… tea.

11 Responses to “Pregnancy dreams”

1. MommyTime April 29, 2008 at 10:45 am #

What a fabulous dream — till you get to the self-censoring part. I had absurdly flirty dreams about people I didn’t even have crushes on when I was pregnant too. I think it’s normal. At least, that’s what I tell myself. I just didn’t tell anyone about them for fear of finding out it was NOT normal and that I was sub-consciously planning to dump my husband and run off with a movie star as soon as the baby was born. Fortunately, it turns out I wasn’t planning this. 🙂

2. fawnahareo April 29, 2008 at 11:08 am #

Let me guess… the movie star was Matthew McConaghey, right? Whew, the relief of finding out your subconscious isn’t making drastic plans without you. 😉

3. Chris April 29, 2008 at 2:04 pm #

I love Brent Bambury! I wont look at his picture though. I hate when I see what radio hosts look like. Sort of like when I read a book and then see the movie and think to myself, “that’s not what that person looks like!” I much prefer keeping the image I have of him in my head which I imagine, must look more like the guy in your dreams than the real him.
    Pregnancy dreams are crazy! 🙂

4. Malva April 30, 2008 at 4:40 am #

Funny dream. I pretty much never remember my dreams, even when pregnant, but I’m sure I’d be as restrained as in real life.

About Brent Bambury, I really dislike Go. 🙂 I must be boring cause I don’t normally care for the Debaters either, but now that it’s just before Randy’s Vinyl Tap in my timezone, I end up listening to it anyway.

5. SassySandra April 30, 2008 at 6:14 am #

You always bring a smile to my face Fawn….
    If your going to dream, dream of handsome men, that’s may take on things…. You have good taste!!!
    Take care!!!

6. fawnahareo April 30, 2008 at 2:14 pm #

Chris, I’m so glad I didn’t spoil your fantasy by posting his pic in the entry! He’s not bad-looking, just not the guy in my dream (or of my dreams – LOL).

Malva, I used to find Go irritating as hell, but it somehow grew on me. I do enjoy The Debaters, though, and I LOOOVE Randy’s Vinyl Tap. 🙂 Oh, CBC, I could go on!

Sassy… thanks!

7. shannon May 1, 2008 at 10:10 am #

fawn, i don’t know what to call it, retriubution perhaps? anyway, i had a dream last night that i was visiting you in whitehorse, but you weren’t there, you were in hawaii, so i was with michael and we were having the best time of our lives together to the point that we did the nasty together, and we were both surprised how much we enjoyed it, but also regretting what we did and worried that you would find out and we would both lose you. so i decided to go to hawaii (which in my dream, was a 20-minute flight from whitehorse) and we passed eachother in the airport (you were just coming home) and just one look at you made me feel so very guilty, so i was glad to be leaving. i kept trying to enjoy hawaii but i couldn’t put the guilt aside. and then i woke up, and, as always, thought the dream was real and couldn’t for the life of me figure out how i could be attracted enough to michael to have sex with him, and then i thought about you and your blog that i was reading the night before about some sex dream you had and realized that i had only been dreaming too and felt sooo relieved…
    anyway, just had to share… besides, its time to put michael on the scoreboard (pun intended) of these sexy dreams – you can’t have ALL the action!!!! 😉

8. fawnahareo May 1, 2008 at 10:29 am #

But Shannon, in my dream there WAS no action!

9. Stacie May 1, 2008 at 3:48 pm #

Actually, Bambury is the ONLY radio guy who looks like I thought he would. Although I kind of pictured him more of a redhead….weird.

Nice dream!! LOL

10. shannon May 1, 2008 at 4:54 pm #

i know i know, but *getting* some at least makes up for the fact that it was MY dream, as opposed to michael’s (in the retribution department anyway)…. oh yeah, in my horny dreams, i always go all the way. and i usually feel guilty about the wrong thing, like in this case, i was very worried about you, and never even thought of phil…. i know dreams are supposed to be your subconscious working through its own issues, but i really have no idea where that dream came from – except the hawaii part – i wanna go back to hawaii!!!!! and i feel that the flight is waaaay too long to get there!!! :/

11. Meandering Michael May 2, 2008 at 5:14 pm #

“couldn’t for the life of me figure out how i could be attracted enough to michael to have sex with him”

Wow. What an ego-booster that comment is, Shannon. Thanks.