Mother’s Day

11 May

The Momosphere is full of touching and eloquent tributes to Mother’s Day today. Mine won’t be nearly so poetic, but I didn’t want to let the day go by without making note of it.  I need a nap and I think I’m coming down with a cold, but it’s been a great day nonetheless.

We started off by sleeping in until 9:00 (which we were able to do because Jade was awake with achy gums from 5:30 until 6:30 — one hour of being awake is a fair trade for two hours of sleeping in!)  We then walked down to the Airport Chalet for breakfast.  It was the first time we’ve tried it, even though it’s only a 15-minute walk down the hill.  They were busy there and a bit frazzled; they asked Michael, when he was paying the bill, not to base his opinion on their performance today.  That made me chuckle because it wasn’t all that bad.  I enjoyed it, anyway.

After breakfast, it was pretty much lunchtime, so instead of going home we made for the neighbourhood playground.  Jade had a grand time (while I had multiple minor heart attacks) climbing up the short ladder over and over again just so that she could slide down the slide.  Why shy prefers the ladder to the stairs is beyond me, but despite my worry and the occasional slip of her feet she handled it just fine.

Here’s a picture of the munchkin who made me into the blessed woman that I am:

Happy sliding Jade

And the first picture of the one whose going to bless us all over again:

13 Weeks Pregnant

Thanks to Jade and Michael for making this such a great day.  Happy Mother’s Day to all the women in my life!

6 Responses to “Mother’s Day”

1. Lindsay May 11, 2008 at 3:48 pm #

LOOK AT YOU! You look GREAT (you and your little bump)! And Jade is just too cute for words!

2. MommyTime May 11, 2008 at 4:20 pm #

Jade is adorable! You look wonderful. Happy Mother’s Day.

3. kara May 11, 2008 at 6:47 pm #

Ohhhh what a cute baby belly!!

4. Janet May 11, 2008 at 7:48 pm #

Great pics! By the way, how did the house party go on Saturday night. I wanted to attend but life just got a bit too busy to squeeze it into my week-end.

5. fawnahareo May 12, 2008 at 9:33 am #

Thanks, everyone!

Janet, the house concert was great. I’m just working on a blog post about it. Too bad you couldn’t come – it would’ve been nice to finally meet you in person. (I hope I’m not being an idiot and that we haven’t already met…)

6. McMommy May 12, 2008 at 10:16 am #

Your daughter is adorable!!!
    And so are you!!! I just love that pic of you and Nugget!! You are definitely GLOWING!