This is how we make decisions

2 Jun
  1. Find out the EEG and pediatric neurologist will see Jade on Friday.
  2. Find that both Michael and I would like to be Jade’s “escort” to Vancouver.
  3. List the reasons why it makes sense for Michael to go.
  4. List the reasons why it makes sense for me to go.
  5. Each one selflessly argues why the other should go.
  6. Toss a coin.
  7. I call heads.
  8. I lose.
  9. Michael is going to Vancouver.
  10. (I’m okay with it.)

There’s probably some kind of metaphor to be made by the fact that the Queen was on the losing side, but I like the ol’ gal, so I won’t go there.  Gosh, this house sure seems empty without Michael and Jade in it at night.

11 Responses to “This is how we make decisions”

1. jonathan June 2, 2008 at 9:32 pm #

“Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.”
    Proverbs 3:13

2. Trudie June 3, 2008 at 12:03 am #

I’m so happy you got the referral this quick. Having to wait for an appointment or the start of a specific treatment is worse than geting the initial diognosis – I ‘ve been there not too long ago!

3. MommyTime June 3, 2008 at 4:58 am #

You’re a stronger woman than I. I would have been clawing my way towards that plane like a deranged mother bear. I’m not proud of the fact that I’m bossy and take charge at our house. But I will admit it’s true. Your way of making decisions sounds much more sane. I hope all goes well. Sending many hugs and good thoughts your way.

4. Marian June 3, 2008 at 1:04 pm #

You’re so good!

5. kara June 4, 2008 at 7:28 pm #

Hey Fawn,

I would love to hook up when we come into Whitehorse! Email me and we will work on the details!

Hope you are all doing well!!

hehehe and very funny on your husbands blog about bra size!

6. Michelle at Scribbit June 4, 2008 at 9:17 pm #

🙂 I”m sure the “old girl” would be gratified to hear that.

7. Sue June 5, 2008 at 9:44 am #

All the best with the upcoming appointment and EEG! The waiting part can be so challenging. I will be sending lots of positive thoughts your way!!

8. Rachel June 6, 2008 at 12:25 pm #

best of luck with the appointment! And way to be selfless.

9. Mamasphere June 6, 2008 at 2:42 pm #

We settle everything with a two out of three game of rock/paper/scissors. It’s done wonders for our marriage!

10. McMommy June 7, 2008 at 5:28 am #

Jade is so lucky! Not only are you both such caring parents….but you are fun as well! I like the idea that you flipped a coin…there is something to be said for the simplicity of it!!

Looking forward to catching up on your blog….I haven’t had a chance to stop by in awhile.

1. Fawn is a leaky faucet « Fawnahareo’s Place - June 5, 2008

[…] previously mentioned, Michael won the coin toss for the trip to Vancouver.  (And no, we’re not always that […]