18 weeks pregnant

14 Jun

I promised Lindsay that I would do my best to do a belly pic today, so here it is, at 18 weeks + 1 day:

18 weeks pregnant with Nugget

BabyCenter.com has the following fun facts about Nugget at 18 weeks:

Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He’s busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you’ll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they’re still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he’s born. If you’re having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you’re having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

11 Responses to “18 weeks pregnant”

1. MommyTime June 15, 2008 at 6:42 am #

Hey, you look wonderful, happy mama! It’s nice to see you smiling these days.

2. fawnahareo June 15, 2008 at 7:56 am #

Thanks, MT. We’d just spent the afternoon and evening out at a friend’s cabin on Fox Lake, and I was feeling a lot more relaxed than I had in weeks.

3. kara June 15, 2008 at 8:59 am #

Looking awesome!

4. Mr Lady June 15, 2008 at 11:36 am #

OMG you are the cutest pregnant chick EVER.

5. McMommy June 15, 2008 at 4:57 pm #

You look FANTASTIC!!! I’m so excited about Nugget!

6. IndyComp0T1 June 16, 2008 at 5:47 am #

Looking great!

7. yukonjen June 16, 2008 at 12:17 pm #

Hi Fawn,

You look beautiful!!! Simply beautiful!

Sorry I haven’t been keeping up-to-date with your blog. I was just catching up and reading your Jade entries!

I hope you are able to get back into the swing of things. Remember my friend Ann Chapman? I think she was the nurse who did your home visits after Jade was born. I think she is (was?) going through the same thing with her little girl.

You might ask her and Ante about their experience. She’s over at http://www.bicicletta.ca/ .

Just a thought. Oh. I finally have pics from the Blogger’s Brunch at Christmas. 🙂 I’ll send them along.

J

8. shannon June 16, 2008 at 5:09 pm #

you’re absolutely radiant fawn! i miss you terribly!

9. Lara June 16, 2008 at 9:14 pm #

Wow beautiful!!!! You look stunning. 18 weeks already, how times flies. When life calms down for you a bit, I’m dying to talk to you. Curious to hear the results for Jade too…. keep smiling, you glowing goddess! Lar

10. Lindsay June 19, 2008 at 10:09 am #

Thanks Fawn! You look fantastic!

11. mathabo January 10, 2013 at 8:33 am #

Its nice to no about the growing of the baby