(Belly) laugh of the day

24 Jul

My boss of the past three years is retiring this week; he’s been a really great boss and I’m sad to see him go, as are many others in our organization.  Today, a number of us went for lunch at the Klondike Rib & Salmon for a send-off lunch.

I ate the food I ordered, plus stole fries off of other people’s plates (because I was well-behaved and ordered salad as my side).  As I’ve said before, being 5 months pregnant leaves me with a lot less room for food.  By the end of the meal, I had eaten rather more than I should have and was feeling slightly uncomfortable.

Two other women walked in as I was exiting the restaurant, rubbing my swollen belly and moaning to my co-worker about over-eating.  One of women looked and my belly and quipped, “Woah!  You really ate a lot!”

7 Responses to “(Belly) laugh of the day”

1. Chelle July 25, 2008 at 10:46 am #

Ha! That’s hilarious! When I was 7 mos pregnant we went to a nice restaurant, got seated and when our waitress came up she gave us the drink specials. I ordered water and she asked me, “Are you sure you don’t want a martini? Their wonderful!” I pulled my tummy out to show her the full view and told her no thanks! She was embarrassed 🙂
    Sending you belly rubs and Happy POW!

2. carol July 25, 2008 at 12:12 pm #

Very funny!

Pregnancy always leaves me famished!

3. maleesha July 25, 2008 at 2:48 pm #

HA! Now that is something you’ll remember for a long time. It’s great when you look “pregnant” instead of just “large.” Eat up!

4. Simply Shannon July 25, 2008 at 4:42 pm #

You’ll have to remember to tell the little bambino all about how you ate too much and poof…baby.

5. Mamasphere July 25, 2008 at 5:00 pm #

You should put that one in the baby book!

My husband looks five months pregnant when he stuffs himself. I can’t believe how far his middle section expands.

6. Beanie July 25, 2008 at 5:35 pm #

Thought #1) Hey, who are you to deny Nugget fries when he/she demands them?

Thought #2) Reading Chelle’s post, you can tell she’s been off work for the past year…

7. McMommy July 27, 2008 at 6:31 pm #

Now that’s funny! And I’m willing to bet that as soon as it happened…you thought to yourself…”This is one for the blog!”

ha ha!!