Grumpy pants

20 Sep

A little while ago I got home from work just as Michael had to take off for a business meeting.  It had been a long day and I was tired, but it wasn’t over yet.  I did the cooking, the child feeding, the bedtime routine, the whole bit.  And I waited for Michael to come home.  I was in my blue capri pants with a stripey blue top and I thought I’d just keep that outfit on until Michael got back because I wanted him to do a belly shot.

Jade fell asleep and I decided to relax a bit before getting on with the dish-washing and lunch-packing part of the night.  Trouble was, I just couldn’t seem to settle down; I couldn’t get comfortable.

Finally, I decided to change into my “at-home uniform”: yoga pants and a comfortably loose top.  As soon as I slipped off the capris, I breathed a sigh of relief.  I suddenly realized that the band at the top of the pants had become too restrictive, maternity pants or no.  It was such a relief to get rid of the pressure, I instantly felt better… and realized that I’d had grumpy pants on all day.

So that’s where the expression comes from…

8 Responses to “Grumpy pants”

1. Captain Momma September 20, 2008 at 9:15 pm #

Thanks Fawn, that made me laugh! I’ll definitely be using that one in the future!

Kelli

2. allmycke September 20, 2008 at 9:55 pm #

The moment I get inside the door from work, I get out of whatever I wore during the day. Not that I’m dressed to the nines at work – just to mark the difference between work and leisure.
    “Grumpy pants” was a good one – I’ll be using it as well!

3. Mr Lady September 20, 2008 at 10:14 pm #

HAHAHAHAHA! I never though of it like that before!

Confession? That happens to me with my normal old fat pants now. Grrrr.

4. MommyTime September 21, 2008 at 2:37 pm #

Hahaha. I wonder what I’m supposed to call them if they make me grumpy to wear but I’m NOT pregnant?

5. Sharl September 21, 2008 at 7:32 pm #

Hi Fawn – Thanks for the Chuckle!!

Sharl

6. maleesha September 22, 2008 at 6:37 pm #

yeah, you’re almost there. Sad when the maternity pants cease to be comfortable!

7. Lara September 23, 2008 at 3:08 am #

Hahahahhaha HAAA!
    I can totally relate!
    And Lorne would agree too.

Problem is, right now its getting colder and I still only have one pair of maternity work pants, grey ones from Thyme. Aaaah. I need to get some more because it is definitely not dress, skirt and capri weather anymore!

Hope to talk this week!
    Lar

1. 100% professional « Fawnahareo’s Place - September 26, 2008

[…] pregnancy, are no longer comfy.  Yes, my beloved mat jeans have joined the ranks of the Grumpy Pants.  Nugget is so low that the only pants that are comfortable now are the ones with the huge […]