… but wireless Internet in Whitehorse hit an all-time low yesterday when apparently all of Navigo / NorthwesTel / Bell’s customers went without service for the entire day. Sorry to leave you in suspense! To summarize:
- No Nugget yet, but when Heather came to do my prenatal checkup yesterday, she said his/her head was so low that she couldn’t even feel it! Also, she says her practice tends to go crazy around new moons and full moons. There’s a full moon on Wednesday, so…
- After a couple of great days, Jade seems to be kind of crashing again, with lower ketones and more seizures. Michael and I are actually wondering if she’s not getting enough calories. There’s still so much learning to do.
- Medicine and vitamins continue to be a huge challenge. I try to coax and wheedle as much as possible, but we’ve had to resort to physically holding her and forcing them in a number of times. I can’t even express how much I hate doing this, especially on nights like tonight when meals are also a battle.
- The house is slowly being tamed as my mother works her awesome super-organizing-machine powers in between Jade-watching and cooking shifts.
- We moved all of Jade’s things into her new room today and she’s spending her first night in the big-girl bed. She’s had a few naps in there already, so we’ll see how tonight goes.
- I am exhausted. But I REALLY wanted to try baking a low-carb almond bread for Jade tonight. But it takes an hour to bake. Argh. Hmmm, maybe I’ll just weigh out the ingredients and bake it tomorrow. Then it will be ready just in time for Jade’s morning snack…
- I am SO ready and yet SO not ready for this baby to arrive. And, um, no, we still don’t have names picked out.