Nugget gets a name

15 Nov

I know everyone’s been checking into Michael’s blog to get news about Nugget, and I’m so glad I have a husband who blogs, since I’ve hand my hands full (literally).  I don’t remember Jade being so attached to my boobs for the first few days, but that may just be poor memory.  Now that the milk factory is up and running, Nugget is able to get a full belly and actually sleep a bit between feeds.  Which means I can do important things like go to the bathroom and eat at the table and blog.  You know, the essential things.

It also means that Michael and I have had the opportunity to be in the same room together and have an actual discussion for longer than 3 minutes.  Thank God my mom is here.  Jade requires constant supervision because of her drop seizures, so with one adult watching her and one on milk-production duty, it leaves one adult to run the house, cook the meals, clean up, prepare medications, and so on.  I don’t know how I can ever thank my mother enough, but in a way I feel like I am incurring a debt to my own daughters, to be there for them the way that she has been for me.

Anyway, Michael and I have been having the Nugget-naming discussion in stolen moments over the past few days, and finally really settled on one today.  Actually, it doesn’t feel quite real for me yet, possibly because I hadn’t heard of the name a week ago, or possibly because Nugget is still Nugget to me.  But Michael has tried it out a few times and he swears it’s a perfect fit.

So, I don’t think I know the Melissa who commented on Michael’s blog and suggested the name, but Michael and I both felt it was fitting.  Melissa suggested the name Halia (pronounced ha-LEE-ah), which is a Hawaiian name meaning “remembrance of a loved one”.  To go with it, we’ve picked the name Rose; we’re not sure why, it just felt right.  So Nugget finally has a name!  Halia Rose.

(Incidentally, as I was searching for links for this post, I found this page, which says “Rosemary” is the emblem of remembrance.  Since Rose Mary was on our list, I feel the meaning of Nugget’s name was somehow meant to be.)

Welcome to the world, little Halia.

16 Responses to “Nugget gets a name”

1. Mr Lady November 16, 2008 at 12:23 am #

Halia is GORGEOUS. Welcome to the world, baby.

2. Jenny November 16, 2008 at 4:27 am #

It’s beautiful! But be prepared to spell it out to everyone! HA!! No one can ever spell my kids names!

3. Marianne November 16, 2008 at 9:11 am #

A very pretty name. Short and simple, yet pretty and unique. And it’s significance will have special meaning to her (and to your family) forever.

Welcome, little Halia!

4. McMommy November 16, 2008 at 9:33 am #

Absolutely the most beautiful name!! And guess what? Halia and I share the same middle name! I mcLove her already! 🙂

5. Melissa November 16, 2008 at 11:35 am #

Hi Fawn! First let me say that you are amazing! I’ve been reading through your blogs. . and . . wow! You guys have your hands full but you seem to handle it all with absolute grace.

I would be the Melissa. . Michael left some kind comments on my blog the other day (where did you find this super guy who can blog through all of this and still find time to be friendly ? lol)

I think Halia’s a beautiful name and I’m glad you like it too 🙂

6. Kara November 16, 2008 at 6:18 pm #

Great name! It sounds beautiful all together.

7. Sharl November 16, 2008 at 7:46 pm #

You’re right!! I’ve been checking and keeping simon up to date too :). I love her name!!!! Perfect and original. Halia Rose flows together so beautifully!!

I should finally know where I’m going to be practicing later this week, will let you know 🙂

Sharl

8. woody November 16, 2008 at 7:48 pm #

That is a beautiful name.
    Halia means ginger in Malay.
    -woody

9. Sharl November 16, 2008 at 7:50 pm #

You’re absolutely right!!! I’ve been checking in on Michael’s blog and keeping Simon posted!! I absolutely love her name!! Halia Rose flows together so beautifully!!!

Should know where I’m practicing later this week!! It’s been a bit of a back and forth process since September…. will let you know 🙂

Sharl

10. Sharl November 16, 2008 at 7:51 pm #

oops… I didn’t think my first post went through 🙂

Sharl

11. Asheya November 17, 2008 at 9:22 am #

A beautiful name! I look forward to meeting her!

12. IndyComp0T1 November 17, 2008 at 2:46 pm #

That’s a great name! Exotic but not weird (I totally mean that as a compliment). Well worth the wait!

13. shannon maccuaig November 17, 2008 at 8:54 pm #

Rose is Maggie’s middle name, maybe that’s where you’d heard it before… has a such a nice ring to it! 🙂
    Congrats again! Missing you more than ever lately!!!

14. Adventures In Babywearing November 17, 2008 at 10:40 pm #

What a beautiful name! Congrats to you!

Steph

15. Laural Out Loud November 20, 2008 at 3:09 pm #

Your dear little baby daughter has a GORGEOUS name! Welcome Halia!

1. I’m five today « Fawnahareo’s Place - April 23, 2010

[…] November 2008: Halia (aka “Nugget” is born!  (And is finally named after a week) […]