19 Nov

Yesterday I was in my 20s.  Today I am not.  I feel like my age finally caught up to my reality.

11 Responses to “30”

1. Kara November 19, 2008 at 6:32 am #

30 eh? I have to say I am not looking forward to that next year. I had a hard enough time with 29 this year!

BUT!

Happy Birthday to yoooouuuu
    Happy Birthday to yoooouuuuu
    You look like a monkeyyyyy
    And you smell like one toooooooooo!!

*as sang by Hunter. You know I would never call you a monkey.

2. maleesha November 19, 2008 at 8:45 am #

Happy Birthday! Welcome to the 30’s.

Also I love the new name. Beautiful choice. Hope you are all doing well and getting some sleep.

3. Mr Lady November 19, 2008 at 8:55 am #

There once was a cute girl named Fawn,
    who’d recently born two cute spawn.
    Out her hoo haa the came
    They look just the same.
    Thank god her twenties are gone!

(That’s the best I can do on short notice.)

Happy birthday, my friend! 30 is the shizznit!

4. Beth November 19, 2008 at 9:39 am #

Happy Birthday Fawn!

Also Congratulations on your new addition to your family!

5. Janet November 19, 2008 at 9:50 am #

Happy birthday Fawn. Turning 30 was no big deal for me, but 37…for some reason that was tough. At 37 I somehow felt that life had passed me by. I identified with the woman in Marianne Faithfull’s “Ballad of Lucy Jordan”:

At the age of thirty-seven she realised she’d never
    Ride through Paris in a sports car with the warm wind in her hair.
    So she let the phone keep ringing and she sat there softly singing
    Little nursery rhymes she’d memorised in her daddy’s easy chair.

Anyway, once I got through that tough patch, hitting 40 was a breeze. Now I’m staring 50 in the face, and I’m actually looking forward to it. All my 50+ friends tell me it’s the best time of their lives. So lots for you to look forward to.

6. allmycke November 19, 2008 at 11:17 am #

Happy Birthday to a Lady and Mother I admire!

I had the worst time of it a few weeks prior to turning 30. The day after I realized that nothing much had changed and from there on I don’t think I’ve really looked back. Each age has its’ own joys and sorrows, so why sweat it?

7. Jenny November 19, 2008 at 12:10 pm #

Welcome to the world of 30+, now look over your shoulder and wave goodbye to your metabolism! 😀
    Happy Birthday! My husband turned 39 earlier in the week! He’s an old man!

8. Chris November 19, 2008 at 1:23 pm #

Happy Birthday Fawn!! 🙂

9. GeOg November 19, 2008 at 6:50 pm #

Just realized we’re now in the same decade bracket… At least for the next 12 weeks or so.

… But you can still say you’re 29 for a long time and people will believe you instead of laughing like they do at me when I try that.. Now what was the point of this ramble

Oh yeah, happy bd 2 u

10. Bubblybunny November 22, 2008 at 10:50 am #

Happy Belated Birthday! 🙂

11. woodyooi November 30, 2008 at 9:43 pm #

Happy Belated Birthday..

Young at heart is most important, it is “that” will keep you happy forever not matter what age you are.

-woody