You know your mommy radar is set too high when…

15 Jan

…you have to listen really hard to realize that the “little wail” you think you’re hearing is actually the slightly wheezy breathing of the dog (who has allergies).

6 Responses to “You know your mommy radar is set too high when…”

1. Jenny January 16, 2009 at 7:50 am #

I couldn’t hear anything all day yesterday but our dogs stomach! It was making that odd bubbling, gurgling sound all day and she has to either lay on me or by my head. It was driving me nuts. Last night we came to the conclusion she had been holding her poop all day so as not to have to go out in the cold and snow. We finally just put her out and said GO! She did and all was better!
    School cancelled here today AGAIN! Too cold today -28 C. monday is Martin Luther King day so the kids get a 5 day weekend!

2. Adventures In Babywearing January 16, 2009 at 9:33 am #

Sounds just like me and I don’t even have a dog!

3. Matt January 16, 2009 at 9:50 pm #

Fawn,

Thanks for the comments. We appreciate any support and information we can get.

We’ll pick through your links and learn what we can.

Best,
    Matt

4. allmycke January 17, 2009 at 10:35 am #

Ah yes – the Mommy Radar.
    That lets you sleep through the sirens from the fire station across the corner but makes you wake up when the kid coughs two doors down from your bedroom. The very same radar that makes it possible for you to pick out the voice of your child among 20 others in the playground outside daycare…

5. myra36 January 17, 2009 at 10:18 pm #

Love that “Mommy Radar”. It also enables you to decipher the different cries like:

“I’m hungry!”
    “I’m bored!”
    “I want it my way!”
    “I’m trying very, very hard not to fall asleep even though I’m really, really tired!”

Although I guess it wouldn’t be radar but more like a translator. Lol.

6. maleesha January 19, 2009 at 8:45 pm #

I do this every couple of nights…there is a dog two blocks away that howls at a certain tone that sounds like a crying baby.