Today I screamed…

5 Mar

I was carrying a lot of tension around with me, living one of those days where the demands of mommyhood just seem so relentless.  So I screamed a good long scream.

Halia, in amazement, stopped fussing.  Jade laughed delightedly, looked at me with sparkling eyes, and said, “Again?”

13 Responses to “Today I screamed…”

1. Captain Momma March 5, 2009 at 10:52 pm #

Wow. I’ll have to try that one day when I have two..say in about 4 months!!!

Sorry you’re having one of those days or maybe a few of them, not fun.

Are you in the midst of cabin fever? I am. I’m driving to Victoria and couldn’t care less if it rains, as long as I see green grass and flowers. ANd I am way south of you but I’ve had it with cold and snow, snow, snow. And grey skies. Do you get lots of sunshine up there during the winter or does it tend to grey skies up there??

Kelli

2. Kara March 6, 2009 at 3:17 am #

ahahahahah that is awesome!!! I think I should give that a try one day.

3. Chrisitine March 6, 2009 at 7:16 am #

Good for you!!

4. Murray March 6, 2009 at 7:43 am #

I’ve been anxiously waiting for a post about how Jade is doing after all the good days you mentioned…….

5. Gen March 6, 2009 at 10:47 am #

Ha! Now, that’s funny! I’ll try that too. I guess, that’s what toddlers groove on right? The unexpected.

6. Ferry Tales March 6, 2009 at 12:36 pm #

I love screaming! It is so cathartic!

7. Jenny March 6, 2009 at 3:11 pm #

Once Naomi stood at the gate crying for something she wanted not crying in pain, and I was frazzled so I turned and yelled “Go in the living room NOW!” She shut up turned like “how DARE you!” and Isaiah said “mom you even scared me!” The effect didn’t last as long as I would have liked!

8. Mike Rosenfeld March 6, 2009 at 7:36 pm #

Screaming to release the tension really helps. I often do it when running and alone on the trail….gets the old blood pumping.

I was reading some of the other postings and notice Jade has discovered the, I will put the food in my mouth but you can’t make me swallow it trick.

We have been having huge luck with calorie free, carb free dips of varying flavors. Ranch, ketchup, chocolate, maple syrup. Katy (the nanny) discovered that Abigail really likes her pork rinds / butter meal with the ketchup. Its made by walden farms http://www.waldenfarms.com/ not sure if you have discovered this or not but it looks like you can order online.

9. MommyTime March 7, 2009 at 7:14 pm #

I’m sorry you’re having one of those days (months?), but I totally get it. And I think a scream was the right thing to do. It’s funny that Jade thought it was funny, though — which should also suggest to you what a great parenting job you are doing that this is funny and not scary. Here’s hoping it really helped to scream!

10. Barbara March 7, 2009 at 7:30 pm #

“Again?”

Very cute.

11. Jan March 8, 2009 at 7:49 am #

Sorry you’ve had such a rough time but glad the scream worked out for you! I’ve been there too…Hannah thought it was funny and chimed in with me. Then I thought, “oh dear, I’ve started something now!”

12. Kellyn March 12, 2009 at 3:18 pm #

Somedays we just need that don’t we. I had a scream in the pillow moment last week, it helped a ton.

Here’s to better days!!

1. So very three « Fawnahareo’s Place - March 8, 2009

[…] I’m not always graceful, of course.  But that doesn’t mean I’m not grateful. […]