Good news, bad news

9 Mar

Let’s start with the bad news. Michael and I keep thinking of new and innovative ways to mess up Jade’s medications. Last night I got the spoonful of whipped cream out and Michael got out the medication. However, the medication never actually got mixed into the cream, so Jade just got a mouthful of whipping cream. I found the medication still sitting in the pill crusher this morning.

The good news is, that although Jade has been incredibly slooooow this morning, it seems more related to stubbornness (she’s still in her booster seat an hour after starting breakfast because she is refusing to swallow her last pieces of blueberry and I’m starting to give because I’m scared that it’s been too long since she ate all her fat to let her swallow the carb now). Also, since we just moved our clocks ahead on Saturday night, we’re still adjusting to the time change and Jade woke up “earlier” than she normally would. Still no signs of any seizures. Hooray! (She’s singing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star from the kitchen, entertaining herself. She clearly does not feel punished.) We’ll have to watch her closely for the next couple of days to make sure this medication screw-up hasn’t done any harm.

In other good news, the spirit moved me this morning to try on my almost-forgotten pre-maternity jeans. And they fit!

8 Responses to “Good news, bad news”

1. Kara March 9, 2009 at 10:43 am #

Well that is way more good news than bad news!!

2. Murray March 9, 2009 at 11:29 am #

I agree – that’s really minor bad news compared to the good! “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star” must be the best concert you’ve heard in a while 🙂

3. Captain Momma March 9, 2009 at 2:29 pm #

Pre-mat jeans, you are so lucky!!! I’m dreaming of the days that alllllllllll this fat comes off!!!! Good for you! Glad Jade’s so happy and vibrant too 🙂

Kelli

4. myra36 March 9, 2009 at 8:19 pm #

I remember putting my old jeans on again. It made my whole day.

Glad to hear more good news than bad. All the best!

🙂

5. Bubblybunny March 9, 2009 at 8:36 pm #

Congrats on the jeans! You are very lucky. I still don’t fit into them…I can barely squeeze into my biggest pair of stretchy pre-mat jeans. I keep telling myself I’ll go on a diet and exercise, but the day has yet to come. 😛

• fawnahareo March 12, 2009 at 9:30 pm #

Ha ha! The truth is my favourite pre-mat jeans are rather generously sized. I tried some of the other pants and they just BARELY do up and it’s definitely not attractive. Still, any addition to the wardrobe is a good thing, right? Too bad it was so shortlived… when Jade got up from her nap, she sat down in my lap and I got a very warm and wet announcement that her pull-up was full to overflowing. LOL

6. Lar March 11, 2009 at 11:51 am #

Congrats on the pre preg jeans darlin!!! I got mine on too but just the normal pre-preg jeans, not my “skinny jeans”. I am trying though!

1. It must be the full moon « Fawnahareo’s Place - March 11, 2009

[…] Halia smiled beatifically as I strapped her into her carseat.  A good start.  I decided to go to the Superstore rather than Extra Foods because I needed to get some Pull-Ups for Jade and the diaper selection is better there.  (She’s outgrown the first size, which I was warmly and wetly made aware of earlier this week when Jade got into my lap after her nap.  So much for getting back into my pre-preggo jeans…) […]