A Grimm tale

2 Apr

Ya’ll know the Brothers Grimm and their fairy tales, right?  And you’ve heard of Rumpelstiltskin, who could spin flax into gold?

When my mom was here, I would always joke with her about the miracle-worker I was, turning her hot and sour soup or mung bean cakes or pot-stickers into milk.  Yes!  I can transform orange juice into milk!  I can even do it in my sleep!

I tried to think of a name for a person who has this super-human talent, and — what do you know? —  a name immediately came to mind.  Not one I really want to take on, though.  The name?

Rumpled-milk-skin.

Apt, perhaps.  But I think I’ll stick with Fawn.

9 Responses to “A Grimm tale”

1. Noob Mommy April 2, 2009 at 9:07 pm #

Ahh… I sense your determination, frustration, and lack of sleep! I remember how challenging bf’ing was. Hang in there RMS 🙂

2. kara April 2, 2009 at 9:16 pm #

hehehe aren’t you funny tonight!

3. Megan April 3, 2009 at 5:30 am #

At the risk of revealing too much about my personal appearance, that’s perfect.

4. IndyComp0T1 April 3, 2009 at 6:22 am #

LOL! That’s cute…and so true about turning any food into milk! 😛

5. Opa April 3, 2009 at 9:11 am #

A woman is a truly amazing animal. She can

– produce milk without eating grass
    – bleed for a week without dying
    – bury a bone without getting her nose dirty

Hey, this one was spread around the Ontario Hydro offices in 1980 by a woman secretary….

• fawnahareo April 3, 2009 at 2:46 pm #

Ohhhh, that’s really crass.

• Opa April 4, 2009 at 4:23 am #

Touché, let’s refine the poetry some more

Ohhhh, that’s really crass
        so here’s one kraut trying
        to make his prose purtee

6. Lynn (Walking With Scissors) April 4, 2009 at 2:09 pm #

When I was breastfeeding, my milk skin was far from rumpled! I channelled Dolly Parton all the way through. It’s a different story altogether now. Only without the milk. Just plain “Rumpled-skin” is just not a pretty name either, though, so I’ll stick with mine as well!

7. Kathleen April 15, 2009 at 9:01 pm #

you can tell i’m not a mother..took me a long while to figure out how you were turning things to milk….oh the shame of it all…failing women 101