In which I admit that I’ve been cheating on you

5 May

You’d think Yukoners would be used to the cold and quit complaining about the weather, but last summer was a pretty crummy summer — cold and rainy — and everyone grumbled about it.  So we all entered winter slightly disgruntled and were ready to complain some more, especially when we got record amounts of snow that necessitated a whole lotta shovelling.  (Except for me, of course, because I never complain about the weather and I rarely shovel snow, either, especially while pregnant.  Dum dee dum.)

So it might not be surprising that these past two weeks, in which we have had sunny blue skies every single day, and in which we have regularly been hitting 18° C or more here in Whitehorse, everyone has been spending as much time as possible outside.  It’s been lots of fun bumping into friends and neighbours in the streets, visiting the playground with its swings newly freed from the snow, discovering toys in the backyard that haven’t been seen in months.  And hello, barbeque!

It’s been so nice out that when we got together with some neighbourhood friends this morning, the kids were going barefoot while dumping loads of water into the sandbox.  It was quite a sight to see those chubby little toddler feet wandering around in the warm grass, right past the patches of snow that haven’t quite melted out of the shadows yet.  Did I mention we got record amounts of snow?

It’s been so nice out, we’ve broken out the t-shirts and sunglasses and gone out without jackets.  It’s been so nice out, we were finally able to get the roof installed on our greenhouse, and our friend / contractor Ryan is putting the finishing touches on it this week.

It’s been so nice out, I haven’t even wanted to blog.

And since I am admitting to you that I’ve been cheating on you with that fickle mistress, sunshine, I’ll also tell you about the other blog I’m writing for.  (*gasp!*)

A couple of months ago, I was asked to join Canada Moms Blog, and I was so flattered that I acquiesced.  Some of the best bloggers in the country are there (yeah, I’m in over my head!) so I’m sure you’ll find posts that you’ll relate to.  I’m trying very hard not to get hooked on any new blogs when I go over there.  It’s set to officially launch on the weekend, so you’ll probably hear more about it soon.

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote my first post there: “Is Three a Crowd?” about having a third child.  Click on over to see what that was all about.

17 Responses to “In which I admit that I’ve been cheating on you”

1. Kara May 6, 2009 at 12:57 am #

You definitely aren’t in over you head. You have a great blog. Wonderful article for sure, but of course I maintain you are nuts for wanting three 🙂 I am going to stick with two… I have two hands and two quads. Two is a good number for me!

2. Lindsay May 6, 2009 at 3:39 am #

um, hello, is that a new picture? Are you telling us something here!?

Forgive me if I’m a bit slow. I haven’t slept in 4 years!

• fawnahareo May 6, 2009 at 7:31 am #

Nope, that’s actually a pic from the pregnancy in October 2007. I was just going to put in a pic of a positive test, but I was too lazy to get it off the external hard drive. 🙂

3. Adventures In Babywearing May 6, 2009 at 4:55 am #

Fawn! This is awesome! I know several of those women in real life- you are in great company!

Steph

4. Barbara May 6, 2009 at 7:46 am #

Just wanting to mention that I recognized your talent first! (Eyes right.)

And to say that those other readers will enjoy you just as much as we do. They should feel priviledged.

And I will keep coming back here, even knowing you are cheating elsewhere. chkl.

And, sunshine is a good lover.

5. Lindsay May 6, 2009 at 8:39 am #

Are you pregnant?

6. Lindsay May 6, 2009 at 8:43 am #

The photo was like a tease.

• fawnahareo May 6, 2009 at 7:32 pm #

Not to worry, Lindsay. If I were pregnant, you’d hear about it from us before you read it on the blog. 🙂 Or maybe not. It could be fun to see comments from family who just found out about the next baby. Hmmm….

• Lindsay May 7, 2009 at 10:54 am #

No, no we’d MUCH rather hear you tell us. :o)

• Lindsay May 7, 2009 at 10:54 am #

That was supposed to be a smiley face. 😀

7. myra36 May 6, 2009 at 8:47 am #

Just read the post. Awesome job! I don’t think you’re crazy for wanting three. It all works out.

🙂

8. Scientific Chick May 6, 2009 at 10:22 am #

Hey Fawn, that’s great about the new blog group! I must say I was a bit confused after reading your post on wanting a third, but I’ll just be patient, I guess. 🙂

I don’t think 3 is a crowd, I had 3 siblings and really loved growing up in a big family. When my turn comes around to start on the family, though, I’m shooting for one at a time. 🙂 I’m a sissy!

• fawnahareo May 6, 2009 at 10:52 pm #

Nope, not a sissy. Smart. That’s how I look at it, too. One at a time.

And to be clear: NOT pregnant. 🙂

9. Maija May 6, 2009 at 10:48 am #

Three’s a perfect number! 🙂 I come from three sisters…and although we fight, we’re very close and really only argued. None of that “fight” fighting!

I have two biological kids and my husband has twins, so we almost had three…three pregnancies! haha. But, we do have two girls and two boys and they are perfect for each other as well. Boys play together, and girls play together, and all four play nicely too!

I have to admit, I want one more too though…. 🙂 Don’t call me crazy, I just need to turn my bio. clock on snooze!

10. Captain Momma May 6, 2009 at 8:54 pm #

If my kids were that cute I’d want more too!!! That’s a great post and no you are not crazy, we want the same. Though if you look at my tree trunk ankles right now you might not think I’d want another!!!! Oh well, weight comes and goes hey?

I was worried things weren’t great because you weren’t posting but glad to hear that it was just the sunshine keeping you away!

Kelli

• fawnahareo May 6, 2009 at 10:53 pm #

Sorry to worry you, Kelli! In fact, I’ve really been enjoying Jade’s freedom in the playground. With her added height and newfound steadiness, she can use almost all the equipment now. It’s wonderful!

11. Idania May 9, 2009 at 1:20 pm #

That’s great about you being asked to blog!

Whenever I see a pregnancy test, it reminds me of the first time I thought I was pregnant. We were in Taiwan, I didn’t understand the directions, and peed all over my hands.

If I squinted, it looked like there *may* have been a second line, but then I got my period a couple of days later.

The next time I used a pregnancy test (a year later!), I had better aim, and Jillian showed up about 8 months later. 😉

We are also thinking about 3, but I’m going to wait a while longer before we decide. Maybe when Susan is 2 and Jillian is 4…not a crazy thought, really! You’ll know when it’s right.