6 months of Halia

11 May

Today is the 11th, which means that my baby girl is now 6 months old.  In the last few days, she has suddenly completely mastered sitting up and suddenly, suddenly, she’s not such a baby anymore.

Pretty in Pink - picnik

Halia has also become very focussed.  When she wants something, she’ll reach for it; if it’s taken away from her, she’ll cry.  (I foresee quite a bit of crying in the future, seeing as she’s got an older sister who delights in “sharing”.)

With her new sitting and concentrating abilities, we’ve been having lots of fun letting her play drums and piano and glockenspiel and maracas.  Hooray for percussive instruments!

It's not easy bein green II - picnik

In the realm of eating, Halia has now tried sweet potatoes, applesauce, avocado (which was a big hit, despite the serious face in the picture above), and mangoes.  Some days she really amazes me with the amount she packs away, but since everyone who holds her agrees that she’s a solid little thing, I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised.

Meals are always washed down with a drink of water.  Sometimes more of it makes it down her front than down her throat, as she gurgles happily, making bubbles in the water glass.  The after-dinner drink may well be the best part of every meal.

Halia with Jade - picnik

I remember how people exclaimed over Jade when she was a baby, which of course always warmed my proud mother’s heart; but I wonder if my brain has cheated me of some wonderful memories, because I feel that people exclaim even more over Halia.

She does have the delightful roly-poly-ness of a Gerber baby, and she’s quick to smile at anyone who says hello to her.  Unless she’s just woken from a nap, that is.  But I love her seriousness, too.

Give peas a chance - picnik

Here’s a serious message.  With a face like that, how could you not want to “give peas a chance”?  (Hmm, peas.  She hasn’t tried those, yet…)

15 Responses to “6 months of Halia”

1. Kara May 12, 2009 at 12:16 am #

She sure is sweetie! Love the peas shirt!

2. Nai-Nai May 12, 2009 at 3:54 am #

she looks so serious on the 1st picture, and the 2nd one remind me of Num when she was little. Happy 6 months old, Halia!

3. ian May 12, 2009 at 4:15 am #

Total Gerber baby!
    I suppose she’ll be sleeping through the night soon…phew 😉
    Of course, crawling is on the way too, time to put everything up again!

4. Adventures In Babywearing May 12, 2009 at 5:34 am #

Oh my goodness she’s gorgeous!

Steph

5. Jenny May 12, 2009 at 5:59 am #

I think she holds 1/2 her meals in her cheeks!
    Naomi loves peas! I just bought a bag of frozen peas and would give them to her straight out the freezer. That would surely feel good on her gums about now!
    I love babies from 6 months on, they have such personality!

6. Lindsay May 12, 2009 at 8:58 am #

I can’t get enough of these pictures! The one of Jade holding Halia is my favourite yet. TOO cute! And such cute outfits! LOVE LOVE LOVE this post!

7. Captain Momma May 12, 2009 at 12:33 pm #

It’s the cheeks! Who couldn’t love those kissable things??!!!

Great photos, I can’t believe she’s 6 months already! I’ll be saying that about our bundle very shortly too! No, it hasn’t arrived. Maybe sorry I need to rake the back acre too…sorry about the snow 😦

8. Marian May 12, 2009 at 1:19 pm #

Awwwww……so adorable. Hugs, hugs, hugs and kisses.

9. susan May 12, 2009 at 2:12 pm #

You are blessed. What sweet pictures. Thanks for letting

us watch your children grow. I’m glad that Jade is doing
    well, hopefully she is just needing another adjustment of her diet.

10. Nemmy May 13, 2009 at 9:56 pm #

I was gonna say… we gotta get that picture up of you holding me when I was a baby… Sisters!

• fawnahareo May 14, 2009 at 8:22 pm #

You mean the one where I’m poking you in the eye?

11. Nancy May 14, 2009 at 3:09 pm #

Oh, some of those pictures are hysterical! To me, she looks really pissed off in the first one. And, Michael must have been trying to feed her in the second one!!

And, she is simply adorable in all of them. The last two proves she is just a ham (to go with the peas:)

~Nancy

• fawnahareo May 14, 2009 at 8:22 pm #

Hee hee, nope that was me feeding her. Michael actually hasn’t had a chance to try feeding her yet. Crazy life.

12. Bubblybunny May 14, 2009 at 4:48 pm #

Awww…I love the pictures!! She’s so sweet!!

You should try the peas. I thought my baby would hate them but he loves them!! I get the Green Giant frozen peas and the purees are actually quite sweet. 🙂

1. 2009 in review: the cop-out « Fawnahareo’s Place - January 3, 2010