For Papa

15 May

Since you requested it, a video of Halia talking:

15 Responses to “For Papa”

1. natasha the exile on Mom Street May 15, 2009 at 9:38 am #

I have to go brush my teeth after all of that sweetness!

Thanks for sharing her.

2. Meandering Michael May 15, 2009 at 10:52 am #

WOW!!!!

3. allmycke May 15, 2009 at 10:56 am #

Oh Fawn, I’m sitting here with tears in my eyes.
    Not because Halia is the first child I have ever seen “speak” her first words, but because… I don’t know what.

Did I get to take care of enough children in my day? No, not by a long shot! Now I do that vicariously through you, Kara and a few others… (Hope you don’t mind – it’s not as if I lurk…)

Am I a big softy for baby speak? Who isn’t???

Is it that I long for grandchildren? Yes!! But I can’t push that until my son is ready to committ…

4. allmycke May 15, 2009 at 10:58 am #

Oh, and I LOVE her one foot peeking out of her footsie and the fact that you hadn’t primped her before you shot the video. Stellar Mom!

5. myra36 May 15, 2009 at 11:55 am #

Too precious!

6. Nai-Nai May 15, 2009 at 12:16 pm #

she is so cute! That’s your first word too. Dad asked you”Ching-Ting, blue berry da-bu-da?” and you answered “da-da-da-da-da!”:)

7. MFA Mama May 15, 2009 at 12:49 pm #

Oh, the cuteness, it slays me! I love the way she sits bolt-upright before answering. Thanks for sharing her with us!

8. Jenny May 15, 2009 at 3:49 pm #

I bet Michael is hating to miss that! She is sure working her jowls!
    When Naomi says Dad she says it over and over again kind of like that but more like she’s singing it. Bill says “AHHH my favorite song!”

9. Marian May 15, 2009 at 4:20 pm #

Priceless. Love it.

10. Bubblybunny May 15, 2009 at 4:35 pm #

Awwww…she’s so cute!!!!!!!!!

11. Gen May 15, 2009 at 5:44 pm #

Pure sweetness. Make sure you have a back up of that precious video!

12. Stacie May 15, 2009 at 5:44 pm #

I thought she was chewing gum there for a second!!! Too cute!!!!!

13. Beanie May 16, 2009 at 12:04 am #

That’s funny – I thought of gum, too! I love how she has such a focused look on her face, but a couple of times, just for a fleeting moment, she looks so proud of herself. And so she should be!

14. maleesha May 17, 2009 at 6:12 pm #