I shoulda eaten at McDonald’s

27 May

I got a neighbour to come over for an hour tonight so that I could go to Canadian Tire and Wal-Mart.  Sadly, Wal-Mart had to suffice because the Canadian Tire garden centre (the main object of my outing) had closed for the evening.  I picked up a few things at Wal-Mart and just managed not to be tempted into getting any food at the McDonald’s there.  Quite a feat considering it was 9:00 p.m. and I hadn’t eaten supper yet.

I came home and put some leftover pasta in the microwave.  Then it sat there for a good 15 minutes while I finished reading the blogs in my feed reader.  I had plans to change my Facebook status to read: “Fawn Fritzen must like eating all her food cold, since she never gets it out of the microwave when it’s ready.”

Well, I discovered that it was still plenty hot.  I got my bowl, brought it back to the office, and sat down sideways on the love seat where my laptop currently resides.  I also promptly slopped the bowl sideways and the contents of the bowl — damned gravity! — slopped all over my legs and feet.

Talk about an idiotic way to injure yourself.  The skin on my left foot is still tingling from the pain.

Then I had the fun of cleaning up all that pasta (Nanuq agreeably helped), including getting all the sauce out from between the cushions.  Which are permanantly fixed to the loveseat.

At least they’re leather.

12 Responses to “I shoulda eaten at McDonald’s”

1. Tammy May 28, 2009 at 5:13 am #

See? It’s a sign. French fries are good for you!

2. Jenny May 28, 2009 at 7:30 am #

I got some lean cuisine pizza’s at Walmart because they’re good and they were on sale but they take too long to cool down! I don’t have all day to wait and have burnt my mouth over and over because I need to inhale my food and go on.

3. Stacie May 28, 2009 at 11:42 am #

Hey don’t feel bad, I spilled soy milk all over my couch last night!!! Ok, I didn’t scald myself, and the dogs were more than happy to slurp it up, but so annoying…

4. Maija May 28, 2009 at 11:57 am #

You’re just lucky to have Wal-Mart!

5. allmycke May 28, 2009 at 12:37 pm #

Trying to eat healthy and be frugal just doesn’t pay!
    – Says one who just finished a luxurious ice cream bar instead of eating a proper supper…

6. Nai-Nai May 29, 2009 at 5:36 am #

good for you, not tempted by Mac. Your microwave potatos tastes much better than their fries.

7. Bubblybunny May 29, 2009 at 6:36 pm #

Hahah…at least your dog had a good evening snack. 🙂

8. maleesha June 2, 2009 at 8:40 pm #

sometimes that is just the way it goes.

9. ian June 4, 2009 at 5:45 am #

BOOOOOO!
    Not that McD’s is a big treat – I do like their Egg McMuffins though – they should serve those all day!

10. Jenny June 6, 2009 at 4:05 am #

Last night I dreamed I ran into Michael and Jade at Walmart! There was snow all over the parking lot, maybe I thought I visited Whitehorse

11. Meandering Michael June 6, 2009 at 5:55 pm #

Ha ha, it’s hard to tell one Walmart from another.