Ruling with an iron fist

2 Jul

Children should be seen and not heard, that’s what I always say.  They should respect their elders, never speak unless spoken to, and obediently do their chores without complaint.

Oh, alright.  Sometimes we make Jade put her toys away.

AND wash the car, of course:

Jade washing the car

Jade washing the car II

Here’s Jade’s best friend watching her suffer under her parents’ draconian rule:

Piglet helps

13 Responses to “Ruling with an iron fist”

1. Meandering Michael July 2, 2009 at 11:02 pm #

She missed a spot.

2. fawnahareo July 2, 2009 at 11:45 pm #

Also, I believe her shoes are on backwards.

3. allmycke July 3, 2009 at 12:46 am #

Don’t worry Little piglet will remind her about that spot…

4. Nai-Nai July 3, 2009 at 1:31 am #

That is cute pictures. I lover her concentration! How come Canada flag is under her feet. 🙂 Her friend is looking that’s poor flag.

5. Kara July 3, 2009 at 4:19 am #

hheeheeh Child labour is great! Although we are finding it a wee bit inefficient!

6. Scientific Chick July 3, 2009 at 9:44 am #

Love that last picture of piglet!
    Jade is such a sweetie.

7. Barbara July 3, 2009 at 1:39 pm #

lol! The perfect follow-up to the work of more food prep. hehe.

Wish I was as clever as MM above.

Watch out for some Huck Finn behavior where she tries to enlist Halia to do the tires.

8. Stacie July 3, 2009 at 9:46 pm #

I bet Jade was just trying to be a good little Canadian and celebrate our Nation’s birth, but her evil parents yanked the flag out of her innocent little hands, THREW it on the ground (and stomped on it for good measure). Then they forced her to spend the lovely day scrubbing that dirty car… when there is a car wash like, 2 minutes away from them!

• Nai-Nai July 4, 2009 at 4:28 am #

good story 🙂 luckyly, Jade seemed happy to wash that dirty car and didn’t report the child labor.

9. Beanie July 5, 2009 at 1:14 pm #

At least she’s using soap and a sponge. I know someone who decided to wash his dad’s brand new truck with rocks when he was four. Oops… LOL

10. Andrea July 6, 2009 at 9:14 am #

I love when kids go through the phase in which they want to help. Put ’em to work, I say! At some point they’ll stop and let everyone else do all the work, possibly not helping unless directly asked, possibly not complying if asked.

Child labour FTW. 😀

11. Bubbly_bunny July 6, 2009 at 12:49 pm #

Hahah…love the pics!! I will have to do the same with my son in a few years. I look forward to having 1/2 of a clean car (the half that he can reach). 😉

1. 2009 in review: the cop-out « Fawnahareo’s Place - January 3, 2010