Our new outgoing answering machine message

10 Aug

Hi!  You’ve reached Fawn, Michael, Jade, and Halia.  We can’t come to the phone right now, so please leave a message and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

Really, we mean it.  When we say “as soon as we can”, we mean we will phone you.  You do not need to phone again, leaving the exact same message to call you.  At least, you don’t need to phone again seven times and leave a message every time, wondering why we don’t pick up the phone.  The truth is, we are out of town, only we don’t like to advertise that piece of information on our home phone.

And next time?  Leave your number.

Thanks!  And have a great day!

*beep*

9 Responses to “Our new outgoing answering machine message”

1. Kara August 10, 2009 at 7:55 pm #

ahahahahha That is awesome!!

2. IndyComp0T1 August 11, 2009 at 4:41 am #

Love it!

3. allmycke August 11, 2009 at 7:22 am #

That’s exactly why I no longer have voice mail or an answering machine. I get the numbers I’ve missed and that’s all – no need to listen to twerps who think you’re just sitting there watching the phone ring out of spite.
    (I know, I get a bit hot under the collar when talking about the lack of common-phone-sense!)

4. Nadia August 11, 2009 at 10:04 am #

Ha! Love it :)!

5. MommyTime August 11, 2009 at 4:37 pm #

I was thinking of writing a post on this very topic (although our message is a little different). Now I am inspired to finish it. This message is hilarious.

6. Jenny August 12, 2009 at 3:03 am #

We are 1 number off from the local country club and our message used to be.
    “You have reached the Keesee’s, NOT the country club. If you’d like to leave a message for US do so after the beep.”

Still we’d come home and people would leave reservation requests on our machine!

7. Maija August 12, 2009 at 9:20 am #

haha…hmmmm. We have “evil” exes…so ours goes a little like this, “Hello, you’ve reached the REAL Lukin residence, please leave a message after the tone. We ARE screening calls and may be home, if we like you, and want to talk to you, we’ll pick up. Otherwise, we’ll get back to you if we feel like it.”

Beeeeep…..

Seriously.

When I say EVIL Exes, I’m talking about storybook, stereotypical ex-wives who still call daily after seven years of divorce… seriously…

All our friends and family call and say, “Maija, Pick up…its so and so… hellooo, pick up. Fine, you don’t want to talk…OK call me back!”

8. canadianfoodiegirl August 13, 2009 at 9:48 am #

Whose mother inspired that?

9. Opa August 14, 2009 at 12:59 pm #