The Halia Crawl

14 Aug

As mentioned before, Halia doesn’t crawl so much as skooch.  She’s perfected her technique over the past couple of days and is now able to use her brand of rear-end propulsion to travel pretty much anywhere she wants to go. She was starting to get the idea of cruising, but I suspect this mode of transporation will be her first choice for a while to come.

I couldn’t resist posting the whole video, but the “real” action starts around 1:32.

11 Responses to “The Halia Crawl”

1. Marianne August 14, 2009 at 5:54 pm #

I especially love how proud she is of herself at the end!

2. Kara August 14, 2009 at 7:34 pm #

Very cute!

Now just attach a swiffer to her bum and she can clean your house as she goes!

3. Annelise August 14, 2009 at 9:32 pm #

Your children are so beautiful! I read your recent posts, and if I may say so, you write exquisitely. Next time I’m home I’m going to have to put that picture of us from St. Francis up on facebook… The one where we’re all sitting at the bottom of the slide.

Your family is wonderful, and I’m so glad Jade is doing better.

-Annelise

4. Tine August 15, 2009 at 12:26 am #

What a cute little girl, with those big eyes of hers … Now I’m even MORE upset I missed the chance to meet her 😦 – THIS time, that is 🙂 !!

Take care, Süße !!

♥ ♥ ♥

5. emuleman August 15, 2009 at 6:35 am #

What a cute baby! Enjoy this time, as they grow up so fast! Glad to hear that Jade is doing well.

6. Lara August 15, 2009 at 7:31 am #

Impressive! Babies are so unique and so creative. Go Halia! Bennett says hi:

023333333333333:2\44444444444444440 jlhjk’ o/ii

7. myra36 August 15, 2009 at 10:14 am #

Isn’t it funny how babies come up with their own methods of transportation? Before he crawled, my son would roll around to get to where he wanted to be. My niece would skooch around on her back.

Halia is too precious. Treasure these moments!

8. Tammy August 15, 2009 at 11:30 am #

Wow, she is so cute!! Those cheeks are just squishable!

9. Marian August 16, 2009 at 3:37 pm #

Who says babies have to crawl on hands and knees? This works just fine…..and is very cute too.

10. canadianfoodiegirl August 17, 2009 at 11:49 am #

So cute! That’s Jade’s voice in the background I presume? That was cute too.

11. Sharleen September 12, 2009 at 7:19 am #