Speaking of hair…

19 Aug

Thank you all so much for your concern over the tragic hair-cutting incident.  The truth is, at the time of the incident, I observed just a couple dozen one-inch strands of hair sprinkled over the belly of Jade’s PJs.  So I was being a little bit dramatic when I wrote the blog post about it.

I came back to the laptop in the afternoon, though, and found this on the floor next to my computer seat:

Hair-cutting incident

Horrifying.

Happily,  I doubt anyone besides my hairdresser would notice where this lock came from.  I just got a new layer in my layers is all.  Here’s the photographic evidence, as requested.  (And yes, that is gray hair.)

My haircut from Jade - sm

Anyway, speaking of hair, I noticed a couple of days ago that Halia’s hair was getting into her eyes.  You know what that calls for, don’t you?

Halia with one horn

Hard to see?  Here’s a close-up…

Halia with one horn close up

I’ve been doing Jade’s hair in two pigtails often lately.  But when she saw Halia’s one “ponytail”, she had to try it, too.

Jade making a ponytail

(The bib is meant to catch the drips from Jade’s keto popsicle there.)

Well, all that silliness led to further silliness today.  So then we got this:

Halia with two horns

One of the girls at the playground this morning told me that she looks like an alien.  All I know is, when Halia gets dressed up as a ladybug for Halloween, it’ll be easy to give her antannae.

9 Responses to “Speaking of hair…”

1. Nai-Nai August 19, 2009 at 11:39 pm #

Halia you are like little lady not alien! Does she still try to walk not to crawl ? She is so different from Jade, I remember when Jade was little, she didn’t like someone touch her hair. Dad found his red cap – Jade’s favour one. 🙂 We called it Jade’s red cap. Hugs..

2. IndyComp0T1 August 20, 2009 at 4:30 am #

I love Halia’s hairdo! Too cute!

3. Megan August 20, 2009 at 5:45 am #

Your girls are so cute. I’ve missed all of that — Michael is such a BOY, he hasn’t really been cute in a while.

4. Tammy August 20, 2009 at 8:29 am #

First of all, YOUR hair is gorgeous!! Next, the girls are so cute. I remember doing Aidan’s hair in those teeny pigtails. She looked like a samuri warrior since she was always so serious looking!
    I can’t wait to see ladybug pics!

5. Jenny August 20, 2009 at 10:44 am #

Isaiah once wrote with permanent marker ALL OVER our dog.
    In Naomi’s 1 yr photos she’s got 2 pigtails like that, I thought she looked like Cindy Lou Who from Whoville on the Grinch that stole Christmas.

6. canadianfoodiegirl August 20, 2009 at 11:01 am #

Cute.

7. Bubblybunny August 21, 2009 at 5:25 am #

Heehee…I love the new do on Halia! I tried that with my little guy, just one little tail on top of his head. He looked adorable but my husband was appalled. 😛

8. Beanie August 22, 2009 at 5:14 pm #

Cutest. Alien. Ever.

9. Cathy August 24, 2009 at 11:01 pm #

Fawn – I love your hair! It is so gorgeous! Your girls are too cute! I didn’t have any girls…. missing out on the hair stylings!