Being a good mom

26 Aug

So, I could tell you all about the 15 wasp stings Jade got last night.  Or about the van we bought earlier this summer.  Or the sailboat.  I could update you on how Jade’s diet and seizures are, or tell you about the 2400 km journey we made (almost) to the NWT.  Yes, there’s a ton of stuff I never got around to blogging about.  But instead, I’m going to talk about teeth.

Well, just one tooth.

This tooth:

PrimaryTeeth - Halia 9.5 Months

That would be Halia’s first tooth!

Long-time readers of my blog know that I announced each of Jade’s new teeth as it came in and I know that’s the riveting stuff people really come back for.

Okay, not really, except that funny thing is, more than once I’ve found myself going back through my blog posts looking for the tooth posts.  I can’t remember any of the reasons right now, but I know that at that moment it was absolutely vital that I know exactly when Jade’s second lateral incisor (or whatever) erupted.

Besides, second children never have as many pictures taken of them, so the least I can do is fill in the damned tooth charts, right?

So, this particular tooth (yes, I’m still going on about it) was first sighted yesterday.  In fact, we were all at Dr. Kaegi’s office talking about Jade’s allergies when Michael, who had Halia standing in his lap, exclaimed “You have a tooth!”

“What?” I asked stupidly.

“She has a tooth!”

“Where?!” I asked, demonstrating yet again my brilliant presence of mind.

You’ll be glad to know that Michael was kind enough not to reply, “In her mouth.”

6 Responses to “Being a good mom”

1. Nai-Nai August 26, 2009 at 11:24 pm #

It’s green, Jade’s you marked red 🙂 Good Halia! you are not toothless now. 🙂

2. Tammy August 27, 2009 at 7:54 am #

Yay!! Now, tell us about the wasp stings. Is everyone okay?

And you know, the next step is when you find yourself blogging about the teeth falling OUT!

3. Lindsay August 27, 2009 at 2:21 pm #

It seems like at this age everything is about teeth….having a good day because that tooth came through, or trying to get through the tough days when the tooth is coming through…we are constantly counting the amount of teeth in Hanna’s mouth to see where we are at (although, at only 15 months old, we still have a ways to go!!!)

4. Captain Momma August 27, 2009 at 10:33 pm #

Hahaha! I looked at Grace’s calendar yesterday and realized there was nothing written down for this month!! I can’t really think of anything to write down but I remember writing on Levi’s ALL the time with every little thing! Poor subsequent children!!!

Kelli

5. Tine August 28, 2009 at 5:25 am #

Okay, you already ARE skipping some posts …

Hope the teething won’t be too tough on Halia (I remember getting my wisdom teeth ~ as a grown up ~ was HORRIBLE 😦 !!) – & I sure hope Jade recovered from the wasp stings by now (sounded AWFUL:( ) ?!

Lots of love !!