Tweet, tweet

25 Oct

I have purposely avoided signing up for Twitter.  Michael had an account, did not like it, and cancelled his account.  But I know I would be addicted in an instant because a lot of my favourite bloggers also tweet.  It’s hard enough to keep up with my blog addictions subscriptions as it is.  Besides, there are so many moments in my day when I think, “I should put this on my Facebook status”.  Often there isn’t enough time to sit down to blog, but there is enough time to write out a sentence about something funny that happened, to announce a small victory, or just whine a little.

Here are some of the things you might have seen in my Twitter feed over the last couple of days, if I had such a thing (and yes, some of them were on FB):

• Finally got around to brushing Halia’s four little teeth tonight. Halia was SOOO pleased that she got to have her teeth brushed after watching me do Jade’s so many times. She even knows how to dip her toothbrush into the cup of water.  How adorable is that??!
  • I feel cheated. The book had an interesting title and an interesting cover. And was a good read. Now I found out it’s the first of a trilogy for which the third book has not yet been released. This is doomed to be yet another series I never finish.
  • I am unsure whether I am happy or sad that I taught Jade how to say “monitor” instead of “mawtimer”.
  • When do babies learn to be afraid of heights?  Because Halia climbs EVERYTHING.  After falling off and clonking her head she cries bloody murder.  Then climbs the damn thing again.
  • Jade had broccoli in her keto soup tonight AND SHE LOVED IT!  She told me several times, “I like broccoli!”  Hurray!  A new ingredient!

Thrilling isn’t it?  Admit it, you’d follow me, wouldn’t you?  You can thank me now for not adding to your online addictions.

12 Responses to “Tweet, tweet”

1. Captain Momma October 25, 2009 at 8:11 pm #

I don’t get all these online things and I’ll stick with the blogs because I am addicted too!

Yay to a new ingredient!

It would be such a cute photo o see Halia brushing her teeth!!

2. Stacie October 25, 2009 at 9:18 pm #

Doooo it! Do the Twitter!!! That way you can spend milliseconds updating! And feed it right to your blog and/or FB! I love the Twitter, but keep forgetting to update mine…

3. Kara October 25, 2009 at 9:21 pm #

I am such a blog addict and have avoided twitter for all the same reasons!

4. Jenny October 26, 2009 at 3:35 am #

I have a twitter acct. but have never tweeted!
    Just realized last night I felt the need to blog about something, but it’s totally lost to me now!
    I’m sure 60 minutes didn’t show in the Yukon, but you should check out the piece they did on epilepsy last night. It was heart wrenching for me to watch, Bill couldn’t watch the whole thing, it depressed him.

5. Adventures In Babywearing October 26, 2009 at 4:50 am #

I’d totally follow you!

Steph

6. Lindsay October 26, 2009 at 7:30 am #

As for when babies become scared of heights? I’m still waiting and Hanna is almost 17 months…still climbs on things, falls, screams, then repeats….all day!

7. Murray October 26, 2009 at 9:04 am #

I have a Twitter account but just don’t see the point.

8. Scientific Chick October 26, 2009 at 9:07 am #

Was the book “the girl with the dragon tatoo”? Because I read that recently, then ordered the second of the trilogy at the library, read it too, and realized the third book was nowhere to be found.

As for Twitter, I also tried it, but not for me.

9. Barbara October 27, 2009 at 4:06 am #

Thanks for all the great veggie ideas in the last post!

Thank you. 😉

I think twitter is in my future only because I believe I can control it. Yes, blogging is my true love. Don’t do fb.

10. maleesha October 28, 2009 at 8:25 pm #

I love the fact about the little four teeth. So, so, so precious!!

11. Colleen October 29, 2009 at 6:00 am #

Mainlining Twitter as we speak!!! I have only a few legit followers myself, but I love reading other tweets.

I follow quite a few work-related accounts and, I confess, a handful of celebrity accounts too.

I also follow few others like the NY Times, Globe, the Economist etc. I am directed to interesting articles and blog posts that I might miss otherwise.

From a marketing perspective, it is useful! A group of physicians in the States who supported Obama directed people to donation sites using Twitter. They raised over $5 million for his campaign just by tweeting!

Give it try! (come to the dark side!)

12. BubblyBunny October 30, 2009 at 4:50 pm #

I tweet. It’s sad. But I do tweet. Not often though. I get twitter but what I don’t get is why you would tweet and FB at the same time, posting the same message? People on your FB are probably the same ppl you follow on twitter, right?

I follow some websites I like to read but don’t want to subscribe to their RSS.

I totally prefer reading your blog but if you ever do tweet, I’ll follow. 😛