Wild things

26 Jan

Jade loves the book Where the Wild Things Are.  We hadn’t read it in a couple of weeks, but she dug it out today and made Amanda read it to her twice in a row.

In the middle of the story, Max meets the wild things, and they “roared their terrible roars and gnashed their terrible teeth and rolled their terrible eyes and showed their terrible claws” and we draw this part out so that Jade can fill in the actions.

That made me think that Jade would love to have some “terrible claws”.  So we made some!  Isn’t she fearsome?

She can pull off the gnashing of terrible teeth, too!

Halia can be quite the wild thing, too.  Have I mentioned that she’s a handful and a half?  She’s a climber and a screamer and an experimenter and a total ham.  I love it.  (When she’s not driving me crazy, that is.)

Just before bed tonight she decided she absolutely had to have one of Jade’s Pull-Ups on.  I helped her with the first one.

She tried to put another one after that and got hopping mad when her foot kept getting stuck in the crotch.

May I also mention that I’m very glad it was garbage day today?  Because it meant that Jade’s garbage can was empty when Halia decided to do this:

(I know she looks grumpy in the picture, but she was quite pleased with herself before the camera came out.  You should have seen her grinning with just her little shoulders and head sticking out of the top.)

Yes, boys are supposed to be way louder and wilder than girls, but my girls can create a quite a ruckus when they feel like it.

And now, let the wild rumpus start!

11 Responses to “Wild things”

1. Jenny January 27, 2010 at 4:21 am #

No way, boys are not louder than girls!! Before Naomi I had Isaiah and tons of other little boys around and all of them together never made as much noise as my 1 little girl! Girls scream and squeal and boys just do not do that. They are way to busy trying to figure out how stuff works.

2. Captain Momma January 27, 2010 at 7:22 am #

Yep, Grace hits decibels far louder than Levi!!! Especially at 4am this morning :S

I can’t believe how much Halia has grown 🙂 So cute!!!

3. Kara January 27, 2010 at 8:12 am #

What great pictures!! The last one is the best. And I think those girls would definitely give my destructive/noisy boys a run for their money.

4. allmycke January 27, 2010 at 9:09 am #

You put a big smile on my face with these pictures.
    Thank you, Fawn.

5. Barbara January 27, 2010 at 11:03 am #

Thoroughly enjoyable wild things!

6. MFA Mama January 27, 2010 at 11:20 am #

AWWWWWWW so cute! I love it when you post pics; I wish I could do the same but…

Jade looks FANTASTIC! And as for Halia…she’s gorgeous but I already miss the baby she’s not anymore 😦 It’s such fun watching them turn into little PEOPLE but…wahhhh I love babies.

7. Tine January 27, 2010 at 11:40 am #

I’m glad to see your georgious little girls are having so much fun 🙂 – & I loved “Where the Wild Things Are”, too, when I was little 🙂 !!

♥ ♥ ♥

8. Cristina January 27, 2010 at 8:41 pm #

LOL! Too cute!

For the record, me and my 3 sisters were far more destructive than my husband and his 2 brothers! Girl power. 😉

9. Peaeater January 29, 2010 at 10:23 am #

Seen the movie? Not sure I want to, personally. Book is too good.

1. White-out « Teepe’s weblog - January 27, 2010