Rendezvous music

24 Feb

Those of you who live in Whitehorse already know that Rendezvous time is here again!  I’ll be singing at The Capital from 10 to 11 p.m. tomorrow night to help you kick off the Rendezvous weekend.  As you can see from the poster, there’s a lot of great entertainment lined up for the weekend.  I’m planning to get there earlier in the evening to really let the butterflies get hold take in some of the other performers before my set starts.

On Friday night, The Big Band will be playing at the Queen’s Ball at the High Country Inn.  We had such a fabulous time playing the Dessert and Dance two weeks ago, with over 200 people coming through that evening.  If you had fun then, or if you were unlucky enough to miss it, here’s your chance to do some swing dancing!  And see all the Rendezvous Queen candidates, of course.

And Saturday, we’re hoping to enter Nanuq in the annual dog-howling competition (which we missed last year).  That will be quite a musical event, since his cue to howl is the harmonica.  I wonder if they’ll disqualify him because he is clearly singing and not howling?

(And later Saturday evening, the Big Band will be doing the dance music for a wedding — how cool would it be to have a big band at your wedding reception?!)

As you can tell, it’s going to be quite the weekend, and that’s not even getting into all the Rendezvous events!  Whew… see you on the other side!

7 Responses to “Rendezvous music”

1. Tammy February 25, 2010 at 6:08 am #

Fawn! I saw that poster up last night, and was just coming here to tell you! How exciting. With any luck, I’ll be at the Capital tonight. I’m looking forward to it!
    I love the Big Band….Bruce and Rebecca are amazing, and when or if they leave the Yukon, we will miss them terribly.

2. canadianmagpie February 25, 2010 at 2:31 pm #

attagirl! i hope we’ll get to see you perform live next year at this time! break a leg! (ps you can see i’ve got a new blog, i thought i should have a non-work-related outlet for my fancy-pants musings).
    HAPPY RENDEZVOUS!

3. Jenny February 25, 2010 at 6:00 pm #

How can you stay up so late 🙂 I’t 9 pm and I’m dead on my feet and had a 1/2 hour nap!
    Good luck!
    Who’s Brenda Lee? There’s an old country music singer by that name (don’t even know if she’s still alive)

4. Laurie February 26, 2010 at 5:04 am #

How did it go? Anyone able to tape it so you can share some? Hope the butterflies were absent, and that you had a great time.

5. Stacie February 27, 2010 at 12:17 am #

Wish I could have made it, instead I was organizing volunteers for our race and picking up frozen pallets in the dark! Oh joy, so I really, really, REALLY wish I was there instead! LOL

How’d it go?!?!

6. Captain Momma February 27, 2010 at 12:09 pm #

Does the big band have a cd? I’d love to hear it!

Hope you had a great time and your voice held out! I am sure you did great!

7. fivereflections March 3, 2010 at 8:16 pm #

hi fawn, i’m david from Maine USA, and poke around your blog now and then. i enjoyed seeing the Yukon Sourdough Rendezvous poster – sounds very entertaining. i hope you had fun participating – life in the Yukon sounds amazing.