Jade on the radio

1 Mar

On Friday, Dave Croft from CBC came and interviewed us about our experiences with Jade and with the ketogenic diet.  The story aired today on CBC Radio North at 7:20 a.m.  We managed to get a copy of the file and I’d like to share it with you now.

Thanks to CBC for doing this story to help us raise awareness about epilepsy (and especially to Dave for making us sound far more eloquent than we were!)

15 Responses to “Jade on the radio”

1. Opa March 2, 2010 at 3:55 am #

That’s a beautiful story – you did a wonderful job presenting it and taking the story out into the public.

2. Nai-Nai March 2, 2010 at 3:56 am #

You did a great Job Fawn and Micheal. Care, Love & supports are the key. Love you all.

3. Megan March 2, 2010 at 6:16 am #

You guys are doing a great job of letting people know about epilepsy.

4. MFA Mama March 2, 2010 at 6:23 am #

Oh what a great radio segment! It’s amazing to see how far Jade has come; I’ve read all of your archives and followed your blog since the beginning of the keto diet and WOW. My husband is a former diabetic who also has a seizure disorder (not really epilepsy proper; he had an ischemic stroke after his transplants and the area of scarring causes occasional irritation in his brain that results in a grand mal). He walked in as I was listening and was all “KETOGENIC???” because with diabetes ketosis = VERY VERY BAD; he’d never heard of it as a means of controlling epilepsy and was fascinated. I love the photo montage–a lot of those I’d seen on the blog but some I hadn’t. Jade and Halia are beautiful 🙂

5. Jenny March 2, 2010 at 9:29 am #

yes, we became aware the hard way too 😉
    They do need to quit with the “the diet is hard to do and is a last resort!” I mean you feed your kid anyway! In ways it’s easier! Naomi eats 4 meals a day, I have 2 of her meals already to go for the next 5 days. just have to weigh out the cream she drinks with them, how hard is that!?
    I love how they say “a-gain” we say “uh-gin”

6. allmycke March 2, 2010 at 10:16 am #

Great interview – you told the story just like it needs to be told.
    I’ve read your blogs since shortly before Jade had her first seizures and I am truly mazed at how much has changed since then!
    You should be proud of yourselves – and your beautiful girls.

7. Jenn March 2, 2010 at 11:05 am #

Heard the piece Monday morning – nice work and congratulations on all Jade’s progress!

8. Cath March 2, 2010 at 2:11 pm #

I just love you guys! What a fantastic progress report. You’ve had a tremendous amount of courage to face the situation head-on, the resolve not to let it overcome you and the stamina to keep going through all the adjustments. I admire you very much. Continuing to pray for Jade every day…

9. In Iqaluit March 2, 2010 at 4:26 pm #

Hi Fawn! Thanks for sharing your experiences on your blog as well as on CBC. I don’t have a child with epilepsy but can imagine that you are an incredible resource and support to many.

We wish you and your family, especially Jade, the very best!

10. bubblybunny March 2, 2010 at 6:10 pm #

Thanks for sharing this video. Although I’ve been following your blog for awhile now, it was very touching to hear you and Michael talk about Jade in your own voices. I think you guys are doing a great job with Jade. It’s easy to see that Jade is a happy child who’s enjoying life to the fullest in those beautiful pictures.

By the way, I love the new blog design. How you find time to do all this stuff is beyond me. 🙂

11. Cristina March 2, 2010 at 8:47 pm #

Great job creating awareness and talking up the diet! One couldn’t ask for a cuter poster child than Jade!

PS – Nice new blog design! You are as gorgeous! 🙂

12. Marian March 3, 2010 at 6:39 pm #

Great job guys. Very well done.

13. Sharleen March 5, 2010 at 7:36 am #

Thanks for posting your radio segment! You both sounded very eloquent! It was nice to see all the photos of Jade and Halia, and to hear you both talk about how well Jade has progressed! You and Michael are amazing parents!

14. MIKLOS RAMONA June 2, 2014 at 10:44 am #

i m epilepsy from30 year and i now how is i have 34 year and may name is RAMONA I M FROM ROMANIA I HAVE 2 CHILDREN A GIRL AND A BOY THEY IS VERY GOOD JADE GOD BLESS YOU AND YOU FAMILY

1. Fawnahareo’s Place - December 31, 2010

[…] March: I will tell you all about my weekend soon, I promise, but today is March 1st, which marks the first day of Epilepsy Awareness Month in Canada. […]