This is SO me

12 Mar

Quite a few months ago, my sister-in-law posted a picture of a drawing my nephew had drawn. It was a series of circles with lines coming down from them and she noted that it was his rendition of balloons. At that time, Jade was not capable of drawing anything other than scribbles, though she could SOMETIMES approximate a circle. And she could add a dot for an eye on figures other people would draw for her.

Just a few weeks ago, she started drawing faces on her own. Even more recently, she started adding arms and legs, and even blobs for feet and hands. And TODAY, she was able to draw a pretty darned good likeness of me.

See for yourself:

Drawn by Jade, age 4

Doesn’t that look JUST like me?  (In case you can’t tell, I have two legs, two arms, and those other appendages above are ears.  I’ve always been just a little self-conscious about my ears, which stick out, and apparently that’s noticeable from kid’s-eye-level.  Ah well.  No use being vain.  At least she didn’t draw individual nostrils, which must also be pretty prominent from that height.)

I’m so proud.

6 Responses to “This is SO me”

1. Opa March 13, 2010 at 2:00 am #

I bet Jade meant those to be extendible ears. You know the type Fred and George Weasley patented? How else would you always know what’s going on in her room when you’re up in the kitchen cooking up a storm.

2. Nai-Nai March 13, 2010 at 5:15 am #

They are wings -Chi-Ting’s

3. Megan March 13, 2010 at 11:16 am #

Great job, Jade!

4. Marian March 13, 2010 at 2:21 pm #

Nice artwork, Jade.
    Fawn, I think Jade’s drawing of just means she thinks you have big ears because you can hear her no matter what she’s up to…..sort of like eyes in the back of mothers’ heads!
    So excited to hear how Jade’s progressing….thanks to her determination, her parents’ help and support, and the keto diet.

5. Captain Momma March 13, 2010 at 2:24 pm #

I’m lovin’ the hair! Or is that hair? Doesn’t matter that’s a great stride she has made!

Levi still isn’t drawing people or faces, I am excited to see what lies ahead for me! hee hee

6. Cathy March 14, 2010 at 9:17 pm #

Hi Fawn –
    Two things –
    1. Jade has serious drawing skillz!! And…. I noticed your mouth was in the singing position so – she appreciates your talents! =)

2. How did I not know about your other keto link…
    Leslie M. sent it to me today and I started rolling on the floor laughing that with all the years you and I have been through this Keto thing together – I never knew about your site AND what’s funnier is that you never told me! hahahaha

You rock!
    Loves to you and your fam!
    Cath