I’m five today

23 Apr

I’ve been so caught up in year-end paperwork that I almost missed this important date.  Five years ago today, I wrote my first blog post.

Excuse me?  FIVE years?  How is that possible?  It almost makes me feel old.

In the back of my mind, I had thought about having a blog party, but considering the day’s almost over, it’s a bit late for that.  So how about a glance at the highlights, instead?

2005

2006

2007

2008

2009

2010

There’s so much that happened in between blog posts that never got written about, but life is messy and there isn’t time to record everything.  It’s been a magnificent journey, with many new friends made along the way.

Now it is well past midnight and well past my bedtime — Halia kept waking up.  And there she goes again… well, I suppose nursing a wakeful toddler is one way to celebrate the many changes wrought over the past five years.  (Coooooming, Halia!)

9 Responses to “I’m five today”

1. Kara April 23, 2010 at 5:54 am #

How did you manage to cram so much into the last five years, Fawn? Amazing how much life changes in that relatively short amount of time!

I look forward to following your blog for another five years, and beyond!

2. Brigindo April 23, 2010 at 6:54 am #

Happy Blogaversary! I’ve only started reading this past year and look forward to catching up on some of these older posts.

3. allmycke April 23, 2010 at 9:03 am #

Congratulations to your Anniversary. Personally, I am so happy I stumbled over your blog (and Micahel’s) and I look forward to reading you both for a long time to come!

4. Megan April 23, 2010 at 5:08 pm #

Happy blogiversary!

5. Lisa April 23, 2010 at 9:32 pm #

Happy 5th!

6. Nemmy April 24, 2010 at 6:30 am #

You need a “like” button.😉 /me likes this post.

Yeah, five years. So much has happened, it’s insane. And speaking of which… where did half of 2010 go already??

7. Laura April 24, 2010 at 8:21 am #

Congratulations. I have only been following your blog for about a year so I really enjoyed the walk down memory lane.

8. Adventures In Babywearing April 25, 2010 at 3:55 pm #

Awesome!!🙂

Steph

9. Captain Momma April 25, 2010 at 9:56 pm #

Hey Mama! Congrats on 5 years!!! Where do the years go?? So fast?? The boy will be 5 soon and then off to school. Gah! So quickly!

Thanks for sharing, always love reading🙂