Job hazard

3 May

I have a sore throat tonight, and I may have seriously injured my vocal cords.  That’s what I get for emitting a blood-curdling scream, in the best tradition of distressed horror film heroines of old.

I’d brushed Halia’s teeth, I’d brushed Jade’s, and I was halfway through the flossing when I noticed that Halia had found her way through my barriers to get hold of the toilet brush.  And her mouth was wide open.

The shrillness and sheer volume of my, “NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo!” should have knocked her right off her feet.

Insted, she was totally unfazed.  With a glint in her eye, she proceeded to chomp down on the top of the toilet brush handle.

*barf*

Well… at least it was the handle end.

11 Responses to “Job hazard”

1. Meandering Michael May 3, 2010 at 8:46 pm #

She’s as cool as a cucumber, that one.

2. Kara May 3, 2010 at 8:52 pm #

Both my kids have totally licked the toilet brush (not the handle end) AND the toilet plunger. Plus at a Whitehorse hotel Hunter popped off that little cover that goes over the screw that holds the toilet down and came out of the bathroom with that in his mouth.

I think I win for disgusting toilet adventures!!

Next time instead of yelling just whip your tooth brush at her!

3. Cristina May 3, 2010 at 10:14 pm #

LOL! That’s a story you or Michael could bring up on Prom Night! 😉
    PS – I needed the laugh! Thank Halia for me. 🙂
    PPS – I hope your vocal cords feel better soon! 🙂

4. Opa May 4, 2010 at 2:42 am #

Sheesh, Mama, I am with Halia on this one. When you kissed your first guy did you worry about whether his, ahem, feet had been recently washed?

5. Lindsay May 4, 2010 at 6:51 am #

Kara, so glad my kid isn’t the only one who has an obsession with those toilet caps…we haven’t been able to use them for months!!

Paige used to like brushing her hair with the toilet brush..what is it about that brush that just screams “buckets of fun” for kids?

6. canadianfoodiegirl May 4, 2010 at 12:08 pm #

My 7.5 month old nephew put my shoe in his mouth on Friday and got the bottom in his mouth. I don’t know how I wasn’t quick enough to stop him. I decided to call it “immunity boosting” and then kept him away from my shoes. I was pretty grossed out seeing the spit that he left behind. He had shoe dirt on his face. My sister was cool with the whole thing. She’s pretty mellow for a first time mom.

7. Laurie May 4, 2010 at 12:10 pm #

All I could think of as I was reading this was
    “O.M. G! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Gross!!!” Clearly, I am beyond the small children days when my own did things like that with frightening regularity and I didn’t flinch! The fact that I’m now flinching makes me realize how old my children are – and I, as well!

8. Beanie May 4, 2010 at 9:24 pm #

Ahahahahahaha!!! And “Ewwwww!!!” Equally. And at the same time. Wow, she really does get into everything, that one. If it makes you feel any better, I ate dirt as a little girl (and had to be put on worm medicine), while my brother ate a slug.

Hmmm… Now that I think about it, Crook’s litter box is in the laundry room, isn’t it? Might wanna keep that door locked…

9. Captain Momma May 5, 2010 at 12:26 pm #

All I can say is… Norwex🙂 It’s non-toxic and the brush doesn’t harbour germs like a regular one. But still, EWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! Is this what I have to look forward to with Grace????? hee hee

10. Bubblybunny May 8, 2010 at 7:18 pm #

Teekeekeee…..TOO FUNNY!!!

1. Fawnahareo’s Place - December 31, 2010

[…] May: I have a sore throat tonight, and I may have seriously injured my vocal cords. […]