Five-minute blog post

19 May
  • The weather is warming up and the garden and greenhouse are beckoning. But I already had enough projects on the go, didn’t I?  Argh!
  • Michael is out of town again.  *sigh*
  • The weather is warming up, so it’s MUCH easier to get the girls outside for fresh air.  On the other hand, it’s much harder to take Nanuq for long walks through the forest trails because, wow, a sled on snowy trails works so much better for moving two kids than ANYTHING on legs or wheels.  The poor dog hasn’t had a walk for two consecutive days now.
  • I finally have a helper again — hurrah!  Melanie will be here part-time (since Jade doesn’t need nearly as much support as she did a year ago — hurrah!) and will bring her own daughter on some of those days.  The three girls played together wonderfully on Monday.
  • Doing training with Melanie makes me realize how many details I take for granted and don’t even think about.  For example: “Both Michael and Jade are sensitive to eggs and I haven’t introduced them to Halia yet because of the other two, but sometimes I still make eggs because, yo, it’s good to have protein in the morning, so make sure those dishes are washed last so they don’t contaminate anything else, and then make sure the dishrag goes into the bleach pile.”
  • Jade had to give a urine sample for the new GI doctor.  I went and picked up some sample containers and was SO EXCITED (I can’t even tell you) that she went on the potty so we didn’t have to use the dreaded U-Bags.  After drop-off, I found out the sample had to be collected in a special acid washed “hat” and transported in a special acid washed container.  So we had to do it all over again.
  • We’re taking a break from potty training so as to avoid potty trauma.  As one friend pointed out to me, it’s all about control, and we already control so much in her life that most kids get to be autonomous with.
  • I was actually responsible tonight and completely cleaned the kitchen before hopping online.  I will thank myself for that in the morning.
  • Oops, I’ve gone over my five-minute limit, so there will be no editing.  Hey, it was either this, or no post at all.  Don’t tell me you would have preferred no post at all.

7 Responses to “Five-minute blog post”

1. Beanie May 19, 2010 at 10:34 pm #

Yes, I would have. Typos?! I’ve lost all respect for you, Fawny…😛

2. Scientific Chick May 20, 2010 at 7:31 am #

I much prefer this to no post. So much going on! You are truly a multi-tasking genius.

3. allmycke May 20, 2010 at 11:03 am #

Glad you wrote a post.
    Taking the dog for walks sure is easier on trails in the wood – but my oh my how nice it is with spring, sun, warm winds…

4. Barbara May 21, 2010 at 6:50 pm #

Never would I prefer no post at all!

Sounds good – well except for Michael being away and having to redo the urine test. Okay, and Nanuq’s lack of exercise.

It was either this or no comment at all.😉

5. Tine May 22, 2010 at 1:17 am #

So glad to hear you found a new helper🙂 , with all that you have going on … Hope she’ll do a great job, too, & you’ll get along just as fine as you did with your former helper, Amanda !!

Best wishes (as always🙂 ) !!

♥ ♥ ♥

6. Laurie May 22, 2010 at 5:58 am #

I’ll take a 5 minute “quick update” post any day over no posts at all. Your life is full, interesting and so unlike mine that I ALWAYS like knowing what’s going on there with you and the girls. And Nanuq, of course!
    Hope your days this week have been sunny ones, inside and out.

7. Sue Sullivan May 22, 2010 at 8:15 pm #

This is perfect. I have to remember every post doesn’t have to be a masterpiece. Glad you are doing well!
    🙂