- The weather is warming up and the garden and greenhouse are beckoning. But I already had enough projects on the go, didn’t I? Argh!
- Michael is out of town again. *sigh*
- The weather is warming up, so it’s MUCH easier to get the girls outside for fresh air. On the other hand, it’s much harder to take Nanuq for long walks through the forest trails because, wow, a sled on snowy trails works so much better for moving two kids than ANYTHING on legs or wheels. The poor dog hasn’t had a walk for two consecutive days now.
- I finally have a helper again — hurrah! Melanie will be here part-time (since Jade doesn’t need nearly as much support as she did a year ago — hurrah!) and will bring her own daughter on some of those days. The three girls played together wonderfully on Monday.
- Doing training with Melanie makes me realize how many details I take for granted and don’t even think about. For example: “Both Michael and Jade are sensitive to eggs and I haven’t introduced them to Halia yet because of the other two, but sometimes I still make eggs because, yo, it’s good to have protein in the morning, so make sure those dishes are washed last so they don’t contaminate anything else, and then make sure the dishrag goes into the bleach pile.”
- Jade had to give a urine sample for the new GI doctor. I went and picked up some sample containers and was SO EXCITED (I can’t even tell you) that she went on the potty so we didn’t have to use the dreaded U-Bags. After drop-off, I found out the sample had to be collected in a special acid washed “hat” and transported in a special acid washed container. So we had to do it all over again.
- We’re taking a break from potty training so as to avoid potty trauma. As one friend pointed out to me, it’s all about control, and we already control so much in her life that most kids get to be autonomous with.
- I was actually responsible tonight and completely cleaned the kitchen before hopping online. I will thank myself for that in the morning.
- Oops, I’ve gone over my five-minute limit, so there will be no editing. Hey, it was either this, or no post at all. Don’t tell me you would have preferred no post at all.