A Jade story and excuses

4 Jul

Jade: Mama, I’m going to have a brother next year.

Me: Ummmm, oh REALLY.  And where is this brother going to come from?

Jade:  From your tummy.

Me: I see.  And what’s his name going to be?

Jade: Elmo

***********

So hi!  It’s been a little quiet around here, I know.  Sorry about that.  See, the thing is, Yukon summers are short and the number of summer-only activities is long.  Plus there’s my new obsession upcycling Salvation Army finds.  (But I’ve only got one wee little thing left to do before I’ve finished all my sewing projects.  For now…)  And I’m getting out for more music-related stuff.  (Playing a gig on the 16th!) And, oh life, you know?

I’ll be back again, I promise.

In the meantime, if you don’t already read Michael’s blog, go on over there to see pictures of our family sailing weekends at Kusawa and at Lake Laberge.

7 Responses to “A Jade story and excuses”

1. Idania July 5, 2010 at 1:39 am #

No excuses Fawn…you’re a busy mom, so no apologies required. The end. 🙂

2. AdventuresInbabywearing July 5, 2010 at 4:09 am #

Oh I want to see what you’ve been making!

3. Andrea July 5, 2010 at 12:19 pm #

If you find yourself pregnant and it’s a boy you can add “ability to predict future” (really just strong intuition, IMO) to Jade’s list of gifts. As for the name, maybe it’s a name that sound similar to “Elmo”?

4. Meandering Michael July 5, 2010 at 1:57 pm #

Jade’s name for her first sibling didn’t even come close.

5. Ainsley July 6, 2010 at 4:59 am #

Summer fun first, Blogging…a distant second🙂

6. Christiane July 6, 2010 at 9:37 am #

Hmm.. not sure about Elmo 🙂 Although it is better than what Emma came up with for Jeremie (she was just a little over 1 then. Her suggestion was Jambon Poisson (Ham Fish)… :S

7. Laura July 6, 2010 at 2:39 pm #

Thanks for touching base. I have wondered how you were. My brother in law took a full month to name their first child 16 years ago. We got fed up and me and the kids age 7 and 4) wrote them a letter with their suggestions. Their top name choice was Sassy (Homeward Bound was one of their favourite movies).