The sunscreen disadvantage

15 Jul

I love the new sunscreen I have for the girls.  (Badger brand unscented in SPF 30, if you must know.)  It doesn’t smell hideous, it’s not greasy, it doesn’t make the kids look completely ridiculously white, plus it uses a physical barrier (zinc oxide) to block out those harmful rays rather than a chemical one, which makes me feel less squingy.

It does have one disadvantage, though.  Put it on a kid who is predisposed for Trouble and then leave her unsupervised for two minutes to go inside to bring supper out and you get this:

She was happy as a clam until she saw me come out with the camera, by the way.  Happily digging in the bed of Brussels sprouts.

16 Responses to “The sunscreen disadvantage”

1. Tine July 15, 2010 at 10:45 pm #

🙂

Hope you have a fun summer !!

♥ ♥ ♥

2. allmycke July 16, 2010 at 12:02 am #

She added her own layer of sunscreen to be even better protected!

3. Laurie July 16, 2010 at 3:53 am #

These photos are the stuff of memories twenty years from now!

4. Bubblybunny July 16, 2010 at 4:19 am #

I used to use Badger but it always left my son pastey white. In fact, I used to prop him in front of the mirror and apply it on his face while he watched. He giggled because he thought it was so funny!!

I found another brand that’s less thick but I can’t remember what it’s called. It’s the same as the Badger except it’s not as thick and therefore easier to spread. But I agree. Badger is good; I would’ve bought that again.

And Halia couldn’t look cuter in her own brown sunscreen. 🙂

5. racingto50 July 16, 2010 at 6:28 am #

She looks adorable dirt-coloured!

6. Meandering Michael July 16, 2010 at 7:04 am #

😀😀😀

7. maleesha July 16, 2010 at 8:04 am #

I thik I would like to try this. I hate sunscreen…and now that the chemicals in it have been reported to “may cause skincancer”…oh, the irony. CUTE picture.

8. Scientific Chick July 16, 2010 at 8:25 am #

Ha! That is super cute.
    Miss Trouble does it again!

9. Marian July 16, 2010 at 10:37 am #

My smile for the day! Reminds me of The Mud Puddle. Also reminds me of stories from my childhood. Mum said she could put Alex and me on the step for two seconds and tell us not to move. When she’d come back out I would be spotless and Alex would be covered in dirt…..both of us still on the step.

10. Andrea July 16, 2010 at 10:45 am #

Niiice.🙂

11. Nemmy July 16, 2010 at 8:40 pm #

You used to smear Alex in dirt, didn’t you Marian?…😉

Halia looks too adorable… but, what else is new?

12. Bubblybunny July 17, 2010 at 7:57 pm #

Oh by the way, this is the sunscreen I’m using for my son right now. It’s great!!

Doesn’t leave his face pastey white and it contains zinc/titanium oxide, so it works the same way as Badger.

13. Ainsley July 18, 2010 at 4:07 am #

So cute!

14. Captain Momma July 20, 2010 at 11:12 am #

hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

That’s great! I expect no less from the little Missy🙂

Hope the brussel sprouts are still growing🙂

Kelli

15. Lindsay July 21, 2010 at 3:59 am #

I think she and Caitlyn are going to get along too well!

1. Fawnahareo’s Place - December 31, 2010