You think maybe she was hungry?

28 Jul

Michael asked me the other day why I get so stressed out about making sure supper is on time right at 6 o’clock.  Besides the fact that a later supper throws off bedtime and also that we are supposed to keep Jade’s meals and snacks on a fairly regular schedule, there’s this:

It was 6:05 p.m. and despite the crackers, oranges, and other tidbits Halia had been snacking on during supper prep, she was just a little eager to have more food.

(And yes, she is well aware that we are supposed to take off the plastic wrap and wax first.  She loves throwing these in the garbage.)

The post-mortem assessment… I don’t want to think about where that missing bit of plastic went.

10 Responses to “You think maybe she was hungry?”

1. Opa July 29, 2010 at 12:28 am #

Could it be she has a roughage deficit in her diet?

2. Laurie July 29, 2010 at 4:13 am #

Oh don’t worry about the missing piece of red plastic. You’ll see it again soon!

3. Bubblybunny July 29, 2010 at 5:01 am #

Hahah…was that Halia that did that? What about the wax? Did that go missing or did she spit that out?

We have to hide the Babybels in our house. My son goes bonkers over them. His cheese obsession is at par with his Thomas obsession.

• fawnahareo July 29, 2010 at 6:49 am #

Oops, yes, it was Halia! I’ve edited the post to fix that omission. Right, don’t blog at half past midnight…

And yes, the wax WAS missing, too. Mmmm, red dye…

4. fawnp July 29, 2010 at 9:08 am #

This is funny.. my daughter loses her mind as soon as she sees these things.. even if her tummy is already full!

5. Carole July 30, 2010 at 8:53 am #

Hhmmm…Babybel…”you are what you eat!”🙂

6. Captain Momma July 30, 2010 at 9:36 pm #

Niiice!!! We have those nibble monsters around here too. Levi does to his GF bread, nibbles all the way around if I forget to put the loaf away!!!

Thanks for the tip about the bean bag. I realized I have a giant stuffed bear that we threw down and good thing, she has started winging herself off the loveseat arm head first :S SHE is the daredevil and seems to be following Halia’s footsteps🙂

7. Jenny August 3, 2010 at 8:57 am #

Before Keto Naomi’s diapers could hold any number of things like wrappers. Once at the store she bit into a banana skin and all, ick! I’ve stopped her from biting into an onion MANY times. Maybe I should let her🙂

8. Marianne Fritzen August 15, 2010 at 7:15 am #

shame on you, dear Fawny!! Seit 3 Wochen schaue ich täglich einige Male in Deinen blog — und finde nichts. (Wo ist das weinende Mondgesicht???)Ich hoffe,mit Mike and family werdet Ihr einen schönen Abend haben. Umarmungen Omi

1. Fawnahareo’s Place - December 31, 2010

[…] July: Michael asked me the other day why I get so stressed out about making sure supper is on time right at 6 o’clock. […]