Depamperized

11 Jan

Today Christmas is truly over.  No, it’s not because the Christmas tree is sitting by the curb — we did that almost two weeks ago.  It’s not because the ornaments and decorations have been packed away — that happened last week.  No, Christmas is over now because — suddenly — the magic is over.

It’s been close to a month that my dishes have been getting washed and put away without my ever having to lift a finger.  My laundry hamper has stayed surprisingly empty and my dresser drawers surprisingly full.  Food has been cooked and served and packed away again.  Potties have been kept sparkling clean.  Oooh, and my coffee has been appearing every morning, already perfectly doctored.

I tried to do some of the things I usually do, but was always rebuffed.  Instead I spent the time playing with my kids, or playing the piano, or even napping a little.

Today, though, the magic is suddenly gone.  I guess I don’t really mind having my kitchen back, since I do enjoy cooking every so often.  But there seem to be twice as many bums to wipe and the laundry is already piling back up again.

Good thing I’m so well-rested.

(Thanks, mom!  I hope you’re not too exhausted from your visit!)

6 Responses to “Depamperized”

1. kara January 11, 2011 at 9:28 pm #

Hurray for mommies!

2. Barbara January 12, 2011 at 5:41 am #

Thank God for Mom!

(I thought your title meant your youngest is potty-trained – you know, no more ‘Pampers’. lol.)

• fawnahareo January 12, 2011 at 8:34 am #

Actually, she is! She trained herself right along with Jade this summer and wears a diaper only at night now.

I have to thank Michael for the post title, since I couldn’t think of one myself.

3. Scientific Chick January 12, 2011 at 9:52 am #

Any chance I could borrow your mom for a week or two?🙂

4. Lindsay January 13, 2011 at 10:42 am #

Glad you got some much deserved pampering!!!

5. Connie January 17, 2011 at 12:29 pm #

Mom’s are great! I know what you mean about Christmas magic. First time I have read your blog, it’s good reading.