Drowning in paperwork and too much thinking

8 Feb

I am breaking my resolve to step away from the blog.  Please carry on to some other blog reading if you prefer lighter fare.  May I suggest the Hyperbole and a Half blog, which never fails to make me laugh out loud.  It’s too bad she posts so rarely, because I could use a good ol’ side-splitting belly laugh.

I am bogging myself down with worry and stress because of all the paperwork I have to get done that I really don’t want to do.  A brief summary for your reading delight:

• I have to put together all the receipts for Jade’s medications purchased since April 1st and submit them to the Chronic Illness Program
  • I have to fill out the Child Care Subsidy Application form, plus the Special Needs Application form (to be filled out by a medical doctor, I just noticed!), plus the Self-Employed Application form all to apply for a child care subsidy that I am convinced we will be denied, but that I have to apply for in order to be able to apply for other financial support (the one that allows us to have in-home care for Jade).
  • I have to submit timesheets and invoices for four different care providers who have provided care for our home or for Jade since November, and there must be separate forms filled out for each individual for each month for each type of care, which means I have to fill out twelve forms, and that’s not even exaggerating.
  • I have months and months of filing to do in order to get ready for doing taxes, which I dread.  The filing AND the taxes.

And then there’s the thinking about stuff:

• Like the week of amazing vocal jazz workshops that I’d like to attend near the end of March, for which I really need Michael’s support… but I found out today that he’s going to be out of town during that week.
  • Oh yes, and the ongoing saga of Jade’s middle ear fluid, which at last checkup, hadn’t yet cleared and in fact, her hearing was reduced.
  • And I have to take her to see a visiting pediatrician tomorrow morning, with the appointment starting at the delightful hour of 8 a.m., which is just wonderful considering I have to somehow get Jade’s keto breakfast regimen of pills and vitamins into her before the appointment.  The woman who called to book the appointment gave me absolutely no other choices.
  • It has now been five months since we first had an inkling of Jade’s ear problem and she’s just getting to see a pediatrician.  I haven’t a clue when she’ll be able to see an Ear, Nose, and Throat specialist, but when I tried to see if BC Children’s could see her sooner, I found out the earliest surgery date to have tubes put in (assuming we go that route) would  be May.  May!!!  MAY before we can give her the best chance for learninga sense of balance?
  • Jade’s ambulatory EEG that is supposed to happen in April apparently can’t be scheduled until June.
  • Last week, while playing tag in sock feet, Jade slipped and fell and banged her mouth on the floor.  Everything seemed okay the next day but now one of her front teeth is now turning gray and I’m afraid we’re going to have to have it removed.
  • Halia’s cheeks were as red as apples and fiery hot all day today.  I get to take her along to the pediatrician’s office tomorrow because Michael’s got an early-morning meeting, so can’t stay home with her until I get back with Jade.
  • Things keep breaking.  Why do things keep breaking?!
  • I just realized that I should have phoned the audiologist to get a copy of the most rep0rt to take to the pediatrician tomorrow.

Wow, I didn’t even realize all the things I was stressed out about until I wrote them all down.  And there are good things happening in my life.  I know I have lots to feel lucky about.  I do feel a bit better now, but just in case you made it this far and need some inoculation against all this stress, click here for pictures of rainbows and ponies.

And come back tomorrow and remind me to breathe, will ya?

14 Responses to “Drowning in paperwork and too much thinking”

1. YukonJen February 9, 2011 at 12:09 am #

Breathe. Push. Breathe. No. Wait a minute…that was the labour.

Just breathe. There. That’s one thing done. Next?

2. Tine February 9, 2011 at 1:11 am #

Wow – sounds like, again, there’s SOOO many things you have to cope with😦 … Hope you’ll find the strength to ~ eventually ~ walk it all off !!

(I can totally join in the “things-keep-breaking-” & “getting-ready-for-taxes”-issues😦 – but fortunately, I don’t have to fight for any special pediatrician appointments or anything …)

However, forget about those monkey masks templets – I definately don’t want to cause you even more work (they’re TOO cute, though🙂 !!), & I found some cool Viking masks I’m gonna do with the kids instead🙂 !! (http://www.jetztmalen.de/img/maske-wikinger-b1230.jpg …)

Best wishes from Germany !!

♥ ♥ ♥

3. kara February 9, 2011 at 6:02 am #

Wholy shite woman! No wonder you are stressed out to the max. I am really wishing I lived closer so I could give you a hand and take something off your shoulders.

Make lists, get organized and just do it! The quicker you knock things off your list the better you will feel.

And remember to still make time for sleep.
    🙂

4. Cristina (Bertrand's Mom) February 9, 2011 at 8:38 am #

I can sympathize. Your list looks remarkably simimlar to my own! I’m just now starting to make any headway & even then it feels if I take 1 thing off, 2 more pop on! (Wah!)

Let’s keep our heads above the water, okay? 😉 Who else will feed the kids if we drown? Hehehe.

I’m going to need the 2 days of hospital “vacation” when I deliver in April. 😉 (Matthew is of course out-of-town this week and next as well!)

5. Nemmy February 9, 2011 at 8:44 am #

Big hugs!! (Also, bug hugs, which is what I initially typed… teehee). Sometimes just sharing the things you’re stressed about helps even a little — especially if that’s how other people find out they can help you with some items on your list, or help reduce the stress in some small way. Just wish we lived in the same town so I could be that person.❤❤

6. Scientific Chick February 9, 2011 at 9:52 am #

Wow, Fawn, that’s a boat load. Good luck tackling all this, and celebrate the baby steps (I like to give myself a pat on the back for every 3 things accomplished… you should try it).

Also, that link towards ponies and rainbows… One of the pictures was definitely NOT PG-rated. It gave me a good morning laugh.

• fawnahareo February 9, 2011 at 9:56 am #

Oops! It was just a Google search link for “rainbows and ponies” and when I checked it last night there wasn’t anything bad (unlike just “rainbows”, I might add). Darn Internet.

• Megan February 9, 2011 at 7:48 pm #

“Rainbows and ponies” is dirty? Man. I’m TOTALLY searching the wrong things.

7. Nita February 9, 2011 at 10:33 am #

Breath!!!!!

8. Tami February 9, 2011 at 11:40 am #

Wow you got a lot on your place…but you can do it!

9. Barbara February 10, 2011 at 7:00 pm #

I’m going to assume some of those tasks are behind you now. That should help you feel better. I know it does me!🙂 What came to my mind first, though, was at the oppressive amount of work required in order to benefit from services that are touted as ‘free’. Not.

10. Captain Momma February 10, 2011 at 9:37 pm #

Awww Sweetie! That’s an awful lot on your plate right now. I can understand the forms and gov’t crap, though we don’t have near as bad but it all sucks😦

Praying some sunshine for you to lift you up and some small moments to give you breathing space. I hope the appt went well.

It is frustrating the wait times isn’t it for things that seem so important and essential, like hearing and balance. Sighing for you😉

Blessings,

kelli

11. Captain Momma February 10, 2011 at 9:40 pm #

Scientific Chick piqued my interest and she’s right…that one pony sure had a heck of a hangover! Just the laugh I needed!!! At least that’s only one that loaded fast enough for me to see!!

Darn internet indeed…
    😉

1. Some Molly « Fawnahareo’s Place - February 20, 2011

[…] been pretty rough over here, what with sick kids, Michael away, the aforementioned paperwork, and perhaps a sudden realization that I can’t actually manage everything in my schedule. […]