Fallible

9 Mar

My throat is sore, I’m tired, and I’m vaguely achy in my joints.  There’s no denying it, I’m sick.

I am trying not to think about the big show at the Yukon Arts Centre next weekend, fusing bellydance with Big Band, in which I am singing two songs.  Or about the week after that, which I’ve booked off work, in order to participate in 15 hours of vocal jazz workshops.

Now I’m trying to talk myself out of being angry at the realization that my body is human, after all.  Dangit.

7 Responses to “Fallible”

1. Sarah March 9, 2011 at 8:45 am #

Fawn, you need to remember that no one expects more from you than you. It’s OK that we can’t do it all, but you definitely get the award for coming dang close to doing it all, at least in my books!
    When things slow down for you, let’s have that playdate/tea.

2. Tine March 9, 2011 at 9:56 am #

Oh, that sucks😦 !!

Hopefully you’ll feel better by next weekend !!

Best wishes from Germany !!

♥ ♥ ♥

3. Scientific Chick March 9, 2011 at 10:33 am #

Two suggestions:
    – Neo Citran (before bed)
    – Advil Cold and Sinus (day time)

If it took you this long to realize you’re human, you’ve had a good run.🙂

4. Captain Momma March 9, 2011 at 4:25 pm #

After more than I week I am starting to surface from the horrible achey joint, cough-trying-to-kill-me phase and see that there is still a world beyond my bed! LOL! I pray you don’t get that and are back at it ASAP.

I just caught up on multiple posts and I see that packed schedules keeping you running too. I hate the living-in-a-vehicle days, the kid-melts-down-as-I-drive-away-and-I-try-to-smile days.

You have accomplished A LOT this past week! You are a good Mama, as Jade told you🙂

Hoping you find some wonderful rest and healing. Spring is coming, I swear it is. Hang in there!

Hugs and blessings,

Kelli

5. kara March 9, 2011 at 7:59 pm #

Just what you don’t need!

I would also recommend Nyquil before bed. That stuff knocks me flat on my ass for 9 hours.

Feel better soon!

6. Mike March 10, 2011 at 5:55 am #

I hope you already feel better!

1. That year-in-review thing « Fawnahareo’s Place - December 31, 2011