I love my keto kid: post-Easter edition

28 Apr

The kids got to have two Easter egg hunts this year.  There was the Easter bunny visit to our house, of course, and Jade was so excited that he hid the plastic treasure-filled eggs in the living room and the kitchen this year.

Then we went out to our friends’ cabin at Lake Laberge and coloured eggs and then had an outdoor hunt.  Jade and Halia collected over 30 caramel-filled chocolate eggs between the two of them.  I let Halia eat five (actually, I said she could have three, but she managed to con her way into two more).  Jade wanted to keep a few, and I let her, even though she couldn’t eat them, of course.  I encouraged her to give them away to people, and she did that charmingly.

Today I found the last one, all deformed from having melted, then cooled, in the pocket of the dress she wore that night.

The wrapping was intact.  She hadn’t tried to open it at all.

I marvelled tonight that she is so trustworthy and so disciplined, that when she slipped it into her pocket on Sunday night, it never even occurred to me  to worry about it.

I shouldn’t take that for granted.  She is one awesome little girl.

I love my keto kid.

6 Responses to “I love my keto kid: post-Easter edition”

1. Nemmy April 29, 2011 at 5:26 am #

Yes, she truly is an amazing kid! I don’t even have her discipline. And I’m supposed to be a grown up!🙂

2. Opa April 30, 2011 at 4:25 am #

Neither do I – her grandmother tries that trick on me some time, putting a chocolate Easter bunny on my desk with strict instructions to safeguard it. Somehow it never seems to work for any length of time.

3. Idania May 1, 2011 at 2:46 am #

How wonderful! But also her mommy sets a great example of being a good person! 🙂

4. Scientific Chick May 2, 2011 at 12:21 pm #

Awesome little girl indeed, no doubt shaped by awesome parents.🙂

5. Barbara May 3, 2011 at 5:18 pm #

What Scientific Chick said.

6. Laural Out Loud May 4, 2011 at 8:42 am #

It’ funny how reading about you finding an unopened candy can be so touching, but it is. It really is. What a precious, smart girl you have!