Squeaking by

3 Jun

There are so many awesome things going on in my life right now, but I’m spending a disproportionate amount of time feeling anxious and overwhelmed.  My plate is just a wee bit too full and a big part of me dearly wishes I were done with my job already. I keep reminding myself I just have to hang in there for a few more weeks.

I’ve had to turn down some performance opportunities this month because I’m already overcommitted.  I hope August is as ripe with opportunities as June seems to be!

When I start to get stressed, I am trying to remind myself to deal with one thing at a time, to try to live in the moment.  I’m having a cup of tea each evening after the kids go to bed, and lowering my standards for how tidy the house has to be.  I’m trying to perform random acts of kindness, and focussing on the joy of girly giggles and squeaking swings.

It doesn’t always work, but often it does.

Tell me, please: what is making you happy today?  Share your joy with me!

And I promise I have a “Good Things” post coming soon.

17 Responses to “Squeaking by”

1. Nita June 3, 2011 at 11:09 pm #

My new house! My 4 new bellydance DVDs that came in the mail today!

2. Opa June 3, 2011 at 11:50 pm #

The day-long twitter, tweeting and chirping of blackbirds, nightingales and other assorted feathered denizens of the great outdoors

3. Nemmy June 4, 2011 at 1:12 pm #

Mike and I have started the habit of writing down one or two things each day that we’re grateful about that day. They can be big things, like reconnecting with an old friend or Iolani learning some new trick, or little things like the blue sky or falling asleep next to our little girl. That way, no matter how crummy a day might have been, what we will remember are the good things.🙂

I know that wasn’t your question, but that was my answer!😀

4. Meandering Michael June 4, 2011 at 1:16 pm #

My wife.

5. kara June 4, 2011 at 8:21 pm #

I am very happy that I drive a big ass truck that kept me safe yesterday.

6. Tine June 5, 2011 at 5:58 am #

Today seems like a bad time to ask about joy😦 – my plate seems a little bit too full these days, too, studying for exams like crazy😦 … But I’m sure, tomorrow when I’m back at school with the kids, I can think of a million things that make me happy🙂 !! (So I guess I’ll just have to come back then, won’t I🙂 ?!)

Lots of love from Germany !!

♥ ♥ ♥

7. Sue June 5, 2011 at 7:52 pm #

Leaving my patients in a better state than they were in before.

• fawnahareo June 6, 2011 at 10:28 pm #

Congratulations on your graduation from nursing school, Sue!

8. Tine June 6, 2011 at 9:13 am #

As expected: Being with the kids at work makes me happy🙂 !!

♥ ♥ ♥

• fawnahareo June 6, 2011 at 10:29 pm #

Yay! I hope your exams go well, Süße!

9. Marianne Fritzen June 6, 2011 at 12:49 pm #

I guess the best answer has been this of your sister. Just remember the good things in life and try to forget the bad. It makes you more happy!

10. Captain Momma June 6, 2011 at 5:45 pm #

The sun, the warmth and the beautiful chirping of birds out my window!

Hang in there, you are almost free!!!

XO Kelli

11. Marian June 7, 2011 at 11:12 am #

Thinking of having my whole family together in July🙂

1. Good things « Fawnahareo’s Place - June 6, 2011

[…] you to all of you who shared your happy things with me!  Every comment made me smile.  Feel free to keep ‘em coming; I will put them all […]

2. That year-in-review thing « Fawnahareo’s Place - December 31, 2011

[…] June: There are so many awesome things going on in my life right now, but I’m spending a disproportionate amount of time feeling anxious and overwhelmed. […]