Living life

5 Jul

I’m in Ottawa.  It’s hot and it’s humid; it’s full of cousins, sisters, brothers, parents, and friends; it gets dark at night, much to Halia’s amazement, and the nights are full of stars and fireflies.

The past few weeks have been unbelievably packed, with my Arts in the Park show (which was totally awesome, even though it went slightly sideways, but more on that another time), finishing up at work, doing music for a wedding, preparing for recording some demos at the end of this month, going to vet appointments, visiting Jade’s neurologist (and getting some awesome news there, but more on that another time), visiting with my sister and her baby….  I’ve actually been avoiding my blog because life has been so busy, I’m overwhelmed with blogging material.

In fact, now that we’re here in Ottawa, I feel like I’m just starting to decompress from six months of overscheduled stressiness.  Now that we’re on vacation, with the girls happily distracted by Gran and Buddy, two aunts, two uncles, and six cousins, maybe there’ll be a few moments to breathe.  Maybe there’ll be a few moments to think.  Maybe there’ll even be a few moments to blog.

Summer is at its height here in Ottawa.  I hope that wherever you are, you are living life at its summer best.

9 Responses to “Living life”

1. yukonjen July 5, 2011 at 10:28 pm #

Hey Fawn, looking forward to your next Arts in the Park. I think I will bring my mum. See you soon!

2. Norris July 6, 2011 at 12:33 am #

Nice to hear you guys are in Ottawa. Wish I could be there as it’s been appx 10yrs since I’ve been back.

• Marian July 6, 2011 at 4:47 am #

Norris. We’ll come to visit you instead🙂

• Nemmy July 8, 2011 at 3:31 pm #

By way of Vancouver??

3. canadianfoodiegirl July 6, 2011 at 5:46 am #

Enjoy the trip!

4. Sharl July 6, 2011 at 9:04 am #

Glad to hear you’re having a great time in Ottawa!! Hope you have lots more space and time to decompress!

5. Doug Rutherford July 6, 2011 at 1:01 pm #

Glad you’re having a good time. Lots to see and do there, although the weather can be pretty muggy this time of year and yes, it actually does get dark…

6. Captain Momma July 6, 2011 at 9:34 pm #

Well congrats on finishing work!!!! YAY!

I hope you have a wonderful holiday and I couldn’t be more with you on blog avoidance! We have had crap internet for wayyyyyy too long now, so many things to blog about backing up and no time really. Ah life🙂

Glad all is well,