Mom mornings

12 Jul

Jade is sleeping in the basement here at the cabin, so that she and Halia don’t disturb each other at bedtime, and because the basement is far cooler than the top bunk she was sleeping in upstairs.  Michael is sleeping with her down there, while I’m upstairs with Halia, with a fan pointed at my body to ward off the heat.

At 6:30 this morning, Jade climbed up the two flights of stairs and came into my room, weeping.

“I’m hungry!” she wailed.  This is my regular wake-up call most mornings.  But I shushed her groggily, not wanting Halia to be woken, not really wanting to wake up myself.

“Why didn’t you tell Papa you wanted breakfast?” I whispered to her.

“Because he’s still asleep,” she sobbed.

*sigh*

8 Responses to “Mom mornings”

1. maleesha July 12, 2011 at 10:02 am #

Ha! I had to comment on this, that is just the truth…”mom mornings”. I guess the bright side is, children look up to their mothers as goddesses that do not need to sleep, eat, or use the bathroom…right?

2. Idania July 12, 2011 at 10:48 am #

It’s official: You’re too good at cooking!🙂

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Id.

3. cath July 12, 2011 at 4:30 pm #

Ah, the lot of mothers. The upside is: it’s to whom they turn in times of need. Nice to be needed.

4. cath July 12, 2011 at 4:31 pm #

The word missing from my comment is… “us”!

5. Nemmy July 14, 2011 at 11:48 am #

Bahahaha… sorry, but it is kinda funny. I agree with the other commenters… I suppose it IS a compliment!❤

6. Captain Momma July 17, 2011 at 7:30 pm #

Ugh! I would have sent her down to Papa again!!!! hahahahahaha!!!

Glad you are still having fun. I have pics of the dress coming but we’re going out of town for a few days again so perhaps in the next week…

Kelli

7. Nita July 19, 2011 at 8:29 am #

hahahahah whowhowhoot hahaahha!hhhaaaaaaa (gasp)haaaaaaa!

8. Norris July 22, 2011 at 1:21 am #

All Michael needs to do is wear blue PJ’s and he’ll be “Papa” Smurf…