What I did today instead of blogging

27 Oct
  • Got Jade dressed, fed, and over to the next neighbourhood to catch the school bus.
  • Took Halia for two vaccines at the Health Clinic.
  • Took Halia out for lunch as a treat for being so good at having her shots.
  • Gave her four tiny bites of a coveted “chocolate mousie”.
  • Lived to regret it.
  • Picked Jade up from school during recess to take her to the audiologist.  Again.
  • Found out her left ear tube is still plugged up with ear wax.
  • Negotiated with Jade about not going back to school.
  • Went to a meeting at the MusicYukon office and attempted to keep Halia from disrupting someone else’s phone meeting while discussing invoicing and project evaluation.
  • Cooked supper.
  • Put the kids to bed solo, as it’s band night for Michael
  • Helped a neighbour stack his woodpile.
  • Packed Jade’s keto lunch and snacks and scrapers and tiny forks and straw and juice plus got breakfast ready to go.  (This kills me every night.  Why don’t I do this during the day?)
  • Sent two invoices for projects I’ve been working on.
  • Wonder why the heck I am writing this boring laundry list post.

At least I can see where the day goes…

7 Responses to “What I did today instead of blogging”

1. Marian October 28, 2011 at 5:16 am #

Busy day…..as usual🙂 Can you try warm mineral oil for Jade’s ear? Apparently it helps dissolve the wax. Not sure if it would work with the tubes though.

2. kara October 28, 2011 at 5:33 am #

It always goes too quickly!

Love the part about regretting the chocolate with Halia! hehehhe

3. Captain Momma October 28, 2011 at 2:44 pm #

“lived to regret it” hahahahahahahahahahahaha! That made my day! I know it did NOT make yours😉

The silly bag packing every night I can relate to and it sucks! Now that Grace has so much therapy I need all her stuff plus Levi’s school stuff plus my stuff….perhaps I should just A) move into the van or B) buy a motorhome!!!

Kelli

4. MommyTime October 28, 2011 at 5:03 pm #

I vividly remember the day I made a list of everything I did because I felt like I was getting NOTHING done all day at home with my three-month-old. When I realized that I spent 8 hours in 18 nursing, I felt much better. This is a great list. You are a very productive woman!

5. Norm October 29, 2011 at 3:45 pm #

I’ve often wondered how you manage to fit so much into your day with the little ones and everything else … now I have a better idea🙂

6. Sharl October 29, 2011 at 7:58 pm #

Busy Mom!!🙂

1. That kind of day « Fawnahareo’s Place - October 31, 2011

[…] off Jade’s clown shoes.  The cashier gave Halia a green sucker.  I hesitated, recalling the chocolate mousie fiasco, but I hate having to say no all the […]