Waiting for the party

13 Nov

Halia turned three on Friday and we had a lovely day together as a family, with Michael returning home from a week away that afternoon.  She was old enough to ask for a party this year, so we hosted that today.  There was a balloon forest, a clown, chocolate cupcakes with pink frosting (gluten-free and vegan, and absolutely delicious, natch), dancing, giggling, and balloon sword fights.

There are days when the girls are at each others’ throats all day long.  And there are days where they are inseparable best of friends.  Here’s what they were doing today while waiting for the first party guests to arrive.  It might be a bit long for those of us used to 30-second clips, but the whole thing makes me smile.

I didn’t know Michael was filming, or I’d have stopped putting dishes away.  No, I wouldn’t, but I’d have been quieter about it.  Oh, and it was Jade who put The Four Seasons in the CD player, by the way.

13 Responses to “Waiting for the party”

1. Opa November 14, 2011 at 12:32 am #

That’s absolutely too cute!!!! I had to hold myself laughing about Halia’s sporadic coy glances in the direction of the camera to make sure the performance was still being recorded.

2. Marianne Fritzen November 14, 2011 at 10:08 am #

hallo, Fawny, zwei kleine ballerinas. Wo haben sie nur die Verbeugungen gelernt? Ein schönes video, auch wenn du im Hintergrund das Geschirr spülst.
    Hier ist es kalt und nebelig. Igittigitt!! Ich will in warme Regionen.! Emmanuel meinte heute, in Taipei sei es auch kalt. Sie hätten unter 20°. Witzbold. Lasst Euch alle umarmen
    Omi

• fawnahareo November 15, 2011 at 11:49 pm #

Weiss Du, Omi, ich habe absolute keine Ahnung wo sie die Verbeugungen gelernt haben! Ich habe sie dass bestimmt nicht gezeigt.

Wir sollen morgen -29 Grad haben… Ich glaube ich muss meine grosse dicke Jacke endlich rausholen.

3. Laura November 14, 2011 at 4:37 pm #

My girls are 25 and 21 and they are still either best friends or at each others throats (more commonly).

• fawnahareo November 15, 2011 at 11:52 pm #

Ahhh, there’s really nothing in the world like a sister. I can’t wait to have mine here for Christmas later this year!

4. Marian (aka Gran) :) November 14, 2011 at 5:40 pm #

You just made my day! So adorable. Love their dresses – are they from Nai Nai?

• fawnahareo November 15, 2011 at 11:52 pm #

Nope! We have to give Jocelyn credit for those ones! They’re both size 6, but I decided to give them a try, anyway, because I knew Halia would be excited to have such a “twirly dress”. The extra length is just a bonus in her mind!

5. Tine November 14, 2011 at 10:53 pm #

… 03 ?! I mean … THREE ?!?! Are you serious ?!

However – belated Happy B-Day to Halia !! Glad to hear you all had fun🙂 !!

And the video really is just too cute🙂 …

I’ll drop you a line the other day – hang in there🙂 !!

♥ ♥ ♥

6. Captain Momma November 15, 2011 at 6:41 pm #

They are just beautiful🙂 Glad you had such a great day for her!

Kelli

7. Mike November 16, 2011 at 1:02 pm #

Really cute the two little ballerinas And happy birthday to Halia, even if I am too late. Give her an extra hug!And a second bedtime story🙂 Hm, and I absolutly prefer our temperatures.Only 2 degrees.

8. Marianne November 24, 2011 at 7:06 pm #

So charming! I’m glad you shared the whole thing.

9. Barbara November 25, 2011 at 4:48 pm #

Precious and wonderful! Missing my online relationships but will come back eventually!

10. Tine December 18, 2011 at 2:56 pm #

… I just got back from my Godchild’s 05th B-Day party – oh my, exciting, exciting🙂 !!

Lots of love !!